How far is Santo Domingo from Natura Park Resort

crappies23

Jun 8, 2004
We want to go to Santo Domingo for a day trip and may be purchase some art work / paintings by the local artists. Does anyone know where we can see some of the art work by the local artists? We want to find out how far Santo Domingo is from Natura Park and the best way to get there. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
It's about a 2.5 - 3 hour bus ride from Bavaro... take a cab from Natura Park to Frusia and get on the Express Bavaro.... Leaves at 7am

On the way back you have to go to Parque Enriqullo (i think thats how its spelt) in Santo Domingo and I know the express bavaro leaves there at 4pm but ive also heard it goes at 2pm as well

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
You are better off to go north to Cortecito, a little fishing town, which has lots of shops and Dominican and Hatian art at much better deals than the city. SD is about 4.5 hours by taxi, and by bus I'm sure a little longer.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
la_barbie said:
It's about a 2.5 - 3 hour bus ride from Bavaro... take a cab from Natura Park to Frusia and get on the Express Bavaro.... Leaves at 7am

On the way back you have to go to Parque Enriqullo (i think thats how its spelt) in Santo Domingo and I know the express bavaro leaves there at 4pm but ive also heard it goes at 2pm as well
4 hours minimum from Punta Cana going about 80 mph, went to the American Embassy last year, Bavaro is north, and will take a little longer. Natura Park is in Cabezza de Toro.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
la_barbie said:
took us 3 hours last time from Sunscapes (Frusia)
You're on a rocketship then, left PC at 430am by cab to get to the Embassy by 9am, went like hell all the way. Made it in time without alot to spare.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
As you can see, oviously, the trip is long, and if you don't plan on staying overnight, you will spend most of your day traveling. Cortecito or even Bavaro plazza would be a better choice for your purchases, and only 10 minutes away.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Santo Domingo is a 3.5 - 4 hr trip by bus from the Punta Cana area (Natura Park ). It is about 125 miles / 201 km - Punta Cana to the bridges at Rio Ozama / Colonial Zone.

It was mentioned previously, your best bet for a day or ? day trip is the Cortecito area, about 15-20 min by taxi from Natura Park, an ideal location to inspect the work of the artists.

Regards,
PJT

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I agree with PJT. The trip to Santo Domingo by bus is long and tiring. Done it over 25 times. There are plenty of giftshops around Bavaro and Punta Cana if what you're looking for is local art. If you don't find what you're looking for in El Cortecito, then you can head towards Higuey by taxi, many local artists live on the road to La Otra Banda and Higuey and you can buy directly from them. There are also several giftshops that sell a big variety. From Natura Park it's about 45-50 minutes away.

Have a nice trip!!

silke

Sep 15, 2004
In April 2005 I was going from Santo Domingo to Cabeza de Toro (there are the resorts Natura Park, Allegro and Sunscape Punta Cana Grand).

I took the normal bus from Santo Domingo (busstation at Parque Enriquillo) first to Hig?ey (3? hours- price: 120 peso). In Hig?ey you had to cross the street and there is the busstation from SITRABAPU with the gua-guas (= little busses) to Bavaro. There you take the gua-gua to Cabeza de Toro (final bus-stop there is at Natura Park). This ride takes 45-60 minutes and it costs 50 peso.
The busses are going every 30 minutes or hour.

Sure, you can take the Express-Bavaro. But from the busstation FRIUSA in Bavaro you had to take a taxi (18 us-dollar or 500 peso)to go to Natura Park.

Have a nice trip
saludos
silke