Problems Connecting

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Anybody having any problems connecting to cells phones right now ?? I read a few days ago that Orange was having problems or something like that .... anyone know ?

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
la_barbie said:
Anybody having any problems connecting to cells phones right now ?? I read a few days ago that Orange was having problems or something like that .... anyone know ?
I think Verizon as well. They are changing or updating digital technology to current standards elsewhere.
They claim the service will be interupted for several weeks before completion.

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Orange

There has been problems with getting through to orange phones. If you keep trying it will connect but does take some time and patience.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Orange has been to succesfull

Saskia said:
There has been problems with getting through to orange phones. If you keep trying it will connect but does take some time and patience.

809 has nothing to do with Oranges problems, They have over extented their network, and do not have enough capacity to handel their volume.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
bienamor said:
809 has nothing to do with Oranges problems, They have over extented their network, and do not have enough capacity to handel their volume.
Orange wireless is in the process of changing all their analog sites to a digital format. It will be a slow changeover process requireing several weeks.

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Hey

La_Barbie

Try leaving a arsey message on the phone,next time you dial your guaranteed to get through - LOL

Nov 5, 2004
Saskia said:

You think it's fustrating trying to get through????

I tell you its MORE then fustrating trying to make a call out and not being able to call anywhere.

It always says call failed or something....have been having problems making and recieving cals for the past 2 weeks with Orange.

Besides updating to the 809 thing...Orange is updating hteir whole system..and everything keeps going offline..and apparently will continue to do so for a bit of time still :tired:

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
Correct

bienamor said:

You seem to know the inside story! This is it!!

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
Clueless

ggn420 said:
Orange wireless is in the process of changing all their analog sites to a digital format. It will be a slow changeover process requireing several weeks.

You are clueless. Orange does not have 1 single analog node in the network.
Bienamore is correct.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
solituna said:
You are clueless. Orange does not have 1 single analog node in the network.
Bienamore is correct.
My Sprint phone will roam into a Orange analog site. It will not roam on anyones digital system because it is a different format than other wireless carriers. All cell sites that were there before digital came out remain, only digital has been added. Any new sites that have been constructed after digital came in ars digital only. It works the same in the states, they are just a little behind. The information I got was from a news article a short time ago in the Spanish newspaper available here.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
First I didn't know that sprint has GSM services. Orange only has GSM-Digitial Network, Centennial only Digital network, Verizon and Tricom they has bouth networks. The problem is that they overpass their proyections of new customers, and the nextwork couldn't nadle the amount of number, they are changing the plataform network so they will be able to handle 2 millions of customers. With the introduction of new 829 area code for DR all company can expands the networks.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
riravaga said:
First I didn't know that sprint has GSM services. Orange only has GSM-Digitial Network, Centennial only Digital network, Verizon and Tricom they has bouth networks. The problem is that they overpass their proyections of new customers, and the nextwork couldn't nadle the amount of number, they are changing the plataform network so they will be able to handle 2 millions of customers. With the introduction of new 829 area code for DR all company can expands the networks.
Sprint is PCS, the other carriers do not have PCS capability. My Sprint phone in the states roams on Cingular/ATT wireless, otherwise they would have no roaming capabilities. They use a tri-band mode phone for this purpose. Orange is Cingular or the non-wireline service compared to Verizon which is the same at home and called the wireline server. Centennial, I know nothing about. Most cellular carriers today are sharing cell sites and towers paying another carrier for their services. This eliminates the construction of more towers and they simply add another tier to the tower, as well as their own equipment. I think I know what you are trying to say, yes they are expanding the network to enable more customers, and lessen busys and switch-off to other sites.