Anything going on 9/3 thru 9/10?

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
I will be staying in the Juan Dolio area the first week of September. Is there anything going on anywhere in the DR that week - parties, ex-pat events, etc.,?
I'm just looking for something to do and possibly meet some of my soon-to-be neighbors and friends. North coast, SD, I don't care - I'm mobile - just looking for some fun.

jstnorv05

Jun 13, 2005
Parties at the Shark Bar Aug 20th and September 4th

We have two big parties coming up at the New York Shark Bar on Sosua beach. You'll miss the first one on August 20th but if you want to make a trip here for labor day we're throwing another one then. The format of both parties is basically the same. Live rock-n-roll curtesy of Crash and really great food done up American style on our grill out front. If you need anymore info just late me know.

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
Sah-weet!

jstnorv05 said:
We have two big parties coming up at the New York Shark Bar on Sosua beach. You'll miss the first one on August 20th but if you want to make a trip here for labor day we're throwing another one then. The format of both parties is basically the same. Live rock-n-roll curtesy of Crash and really great food done up American style on our grill out front. If you need anymore info just late me know.

Thanks for the response. That sounds awesome. Haven't been to Sosua in a while. Who is this Crash band? I have an interest in music/bands. Are they local? Expats? If the buses run on Sundays from SD, I wouldn't even mind a nice ride out there, Presidente in hand.

jstnorv05

Jun 13, 2005
Crash

Crash is a local four man band that works out of Caberete. The drummer in the band is good friends with the drummer from Blue Oyster Cult, Ron Riddle, and the last time they played her Ron did a solo on the drums. That probably won't happen again but the band was great and got rave reviews from everyone who saw the show.

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
jstnorv05 said:
Crash is a local four man band that works out of Caberete. The drummer in the band is good friends with the drummer from Blue Oyster Cult, Ron Riddle, and the last time they played her Ron did a solo on the drums. That probably won't happen again but the band was great and got rave reviews from everyone who saw the show.

That sounds great. Of course, now the business I have to take care of in SD will fall on Monday the 3rd, so I won't be north coast bound until at least Tuesday. (sigh).

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Wonderdog said:
That sounds great. Of course, now the business I have to take care of in SD will fall on Monday the 3rd, so I won't be north coast bound until at least Tuesday. (sigh).
You might want to check you calendar, September 3rd is a Saturday, not Monday.

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
rellosk said:
You might want to check you calendar, September 3rd is a Saturday, not Monday.

OOPS! Business is on Monday the 5th (Labor Day US). Thanks. Either way - no party for me...

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Im thinking of heading to the North coast from SD on Tues. 9/6, maybe stopping in Santiago for the night on the way....then spending a few days in PP, Sosua and Cabarete....flying back out of SD on Sunday the 11th...or Sat the 10th...