Just wanted to say thanks

weddingindr

Feb 2, 2005
I know I'm probably one of hundreds of people that signed on for a while, asked a few questions and promptly disappeared, to the amusement of the long-time members, but I'm back for a quick thanks before I most likely disappear again.
I've been planning my wedding in the DR, surprizing I know, due to the name, but this site really helped with a lot of decisions and opened my eyes to a lot of local issues that every tourist should know when entering a new country. I came to this site looking for advice, insider tips, etc and it was all here. I didn't have the opportunity of chatting with any of you but found most of the info I needed in old threads and didn't want to be typically redundant by asking the same old questions, so did some reading instead.
So, Thank you! I've really enjoyed reading the jokes and disputes, some were esp amusing and I'm sorry I didn't take more time to talk to anyone.
This is a GREAT site, I'm so happy to have found it! Looking forward to my up-coming wedding and honeymoon in a country that has so much to offer!

Keep those jokes coming!
;) Thanks DR1!!!!!

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Good luck!

Good luck on your upcoming wedding. This is something that is not well-publicized but many people come from abroad to have a memorable wedding in a nice tropical or Caribbean setting. They are done in the Bavaro/Punta Cana area and in Boca Chica, that I know of, and I'm sure in other places too.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
weddingindr said:
I know I'm probably one of hundreds of people that signed on for a while, asked a few questions and promptly disappeared, to the amusement of the long-time members, but I'm back for a quick thanks before I most likely disappear again.
I've been planning my wedding in the DR, surprizing I know, due to the name, but this site really helped with a lot of decisions and opened my eyes to a lot of local issues that every tourist should know when entering a new country. I came to this site looking for advice, insider tips, etc and it was all here. I didn't have the opportunity of chatting with any of you but found most of the info I needed in old threads and didn't want to be typically redundant by asking the same old questions, so did some reading instead.
So, Thank you! I've really enjoyed reading the jokes and disputes, some were esp amusing and I'm sorry I didn't take more time to talk to anyone.
This is a GREAT site, I'm so happy to have found it! Looking forward to my up-coming wedding and honeymoon in a country that has so much to offer!

Keep those jokes coming!
;) Thanks DR1!!!!!

Thanks to you for letting us know DR1 was helpful! Your taking the time to tells us the knowledge shared has helped is the best encouragement for us to keep up the effort.

LynnCox

Feb 18, 2002
weddings in the DR...

frank alvarez said:
Good luck on your upcoming wedding. This is something that is not well-publicized but many people come from abroad to have a memorable wedding in a nice tropical or Caribbean setting. They are done in the Bavaro/Punta Cana area and in Boca Chica, that I know of, and I'm sure in other places too.

They are also performed a lot here in La Romana in Casa de Campo in Altos de Chavon at the church. It is a beautiful small and intimate church and a lot of people have their reception outside the church overlooking the Chavon River. It's spectacular and attracts many tourists and locals alike.

I'm not sure where yours is going to be at "weddingindr"...but best of luck and ENJOY! It is a beautiful country! ;)

Lynn