Tommy's

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Has anyone heard of a new bar called Tommy's,I think it is the bar that used to be called Melons.
Just curious as to what type of bar it is.I always thought it was a good spot for some type of sports bar.

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
it's called Tommy's Crossbar. (What the heck is a crossbar anyway?)

Presidente varies (2 weeks ago it was 35 pesos. 2 days ago it was 45 pesos.) The prices are written on a chalkboard and seem to vary with the mood. Incidentally, I had the fish of the day with rice there 2 days ago and it was outstanding. 190 pesos.

good grub, and you can listen to Rubi and interact with the DJs in the studio via the windows there.

I think the owner is German. Not sure if it is his wife or girlfriend that works with him but they are the only two I have seen behind the bar. They cook the food in a kitchen directly across from the bar and they have a few tables and chairs set up. Definitely not a sports bar... as a matter of fact, I don't think it has any theme whatsoever.

I have never had a bad experience there and service has always been prompt and friendly. 2 thumbs up in my book. Crowd varies dramatically. Sometimes no one, sometimes lots of people... and this one time these 7 or 8 british flight attendants who were on a week long layover and....

hey gotta go, but trust me that's a great story.

(and no, it's not the one in the middle of the east entrance. It is halfway between the east entrance and voodoo lounge DIRECTLY across from the Rubi studio. not sure of the name of the other one.)

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
The bar on the other end is called the checkpoint bar and is always busy.
Thanks for the info.

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
Melons was ran by a german lady, I understand her husband operated the german meat shop somewhere on the highway. Does this mean a change of ownership along with the new name. I always thought the location had potential.