Consular Report of Birth Abroad: Denied, what happens next??

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
what happens if US consulate in SD denies a child
the us citizenship under the Report of birth abroad, thus denying citizenship? This happened due to dna confirming alleged father was excluded from being the father of child.

I know the case is closed... but can the alleged father
marry the mother of child and bring them over via K-1
or would there be a problem in US consulate now since
the child was denied us citizenship? The child was
recognized by the alleged father... thinking it was his,,
but now dna says no.

adoption an option?

any insight anyone on a case like this?

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I doubt its game over since you are have not applied for a visa. I am just curious, since I am working on my daughter's citizenship, if the DNA test was somehow required or ordered by the consulate?

I have never heard of such a requirement, and if not, why would you present a DNA test that excludes person you are claiming is the father?

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
MrMike said:
I doubt its game over since you are have not applied for a visa. I am just curious, since I am working on my daughter's citizenship, if the DNA test was somehow required or ordered by the consulate?

I have never heard of such a requirement, and if not, why would you present a DNA test that excludes person you are claiming is the father?

dna testing is the last resource and they cannot force you to do it but
if they 'recommend' it and you don't do it then they don't give your
kid the us citizenship. And they cannot recommend it on the first interview.
They recommend dna testing if none of the evidence provided is sufficient.

1- First interview you submit all your evidence,, if they're not satisfied then
they ask for more evidence.
2- Second interview you bring the addit evidence... but if they had doubts of anything on the 1st interview they will not accept the addit. evidence and they will recommend the dna testing.. they say by law they're not required to force you to do it... but if you don't do dna then they cannot show blood relationship b/w father and kid.

a person goes in thinking the kid is theirs.. but if the consulate recommends
dna testing and the alleged father does the testing and results come in
negative, then the father cannot do anything just accept that he was lied to, deceived. Then the consulate calls in one of the two parents.. to discuss case and to close it... since dna showed that there's no blood relationship b/w father and kid.

hope your case turns out great and fast.