I can't wait

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
When all the Latinos have to go in front of the board, and say they never had or never will do drug enhancements. It's going to be a big joke.... just like Sammy Sosa....TRASH ,TRASH,TRASH. To baseball number ONE, and his country. The Latino baseball organization in America is in.. BIG,BIG, trouble. Believe ME THEY will never let baseball die in America. You will see a High Court in MLB put them on the stand. The sad thing is... that 90% of them have taken drugs to get where they're at, and will be thrown out for that, and I'm all for it, no matter what race or culture you come from.BUTT the Latinos have the most to lose.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
You've got this in the wrong forum. If a moderator moves this to the debate forum (or you repost it there), I will be glad to dispute what you have said.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
rellosk said:
You've got this in the wrong forum. If a moderator moves this to the debate forum (or you repost it there), I will be glad to dispute what you have said.
It seems reasonable to be located here-the Open Forum-General Stuff. Afterall the DR Debate forum is for debating anything Dominican. This is a MLB question.
With the clout of the anti-trust exemption, Congress will not let baseball police itself. Add to that, the guy who just got caught had the cajones to point his finger at them and testify "I never did steroids". Congress has to answer to the voters, and the voters are parents of student athletes. I think Americans are tired of seeing athletes all bulked up, with necks the size of tree trunks, breaking records set by true role models. (Granted, Babe Ruth was a role model to every overweight, smoking, over-drinking American).

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
HOWMAR, if it is an MLB matter, it doesn't belong on this board. If it is about Dominican baseball players and their possible use of drugs, stick to that subject and save the rest for a board that welcomes general discussions about MLB.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Ken said:
HOWMAR, if it is an MLB matter, it doesn't belong on this board. If it is about Dominican baseball players and their possible use of drugs, stick to that subject and save the rest for a board that welcomes general discussions about MLB.
The end result of action by Congress is that Sammy, Pedro, et al, won't have a peso to send back to the homeland. That is the DR connection.

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
HOWMAR said:
The end result of action by Congress is that Sammy, Pedro, et al, won't have a peso to send back to the homeland. That is the DR connection.

are you indirectly indicating that pedro took/takes steriods? if he does hes taking the ones in reverse mode bc that boy is like 5 11 a buck eighty if that

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
audboogie said:
are you indirectly indicating that pedro took/takes steriods? if he does hes taking the ones in reverse mode bc that boy is like 5 11 a buck eighty if that
What I am saying is if Congress repeals MLBs anti-trust exemption Sammy, Pedro and the rest of the players contracts will shrink in the future.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Let the shame began for all

HOWMAR said:

That's exactly what I'm talking about due to young kids coming from foreign countries... with no education and put on the spot to be TESTED. We have plenty of great athletes in the USA... that IF are banned from baseball, the majority of them come from a college and have a education to fall back on, not like foreigners, with nothing other than their athletic ability.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
no Debate at all

rellosk said:

talking about reality, of what has happened and what will in the future... according to Major league baseball, their terms not mine or anyone else's. ;)

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
easygoin said:
That's exactly what I'm talking about due to young kids coming from foreign countries... with no education and put on the spot to be TESTED. We have plenty of great athletes in the USA... that IF are banned from baseball, the majority of them come from a college and have a education to fall back on, not like foreigners, with nothing other than their athletic ability.

You guys are kidding, right? Well, I guess if they said, "Pedro, you are out of here, take off your uniform and don't let the door hit you in the ***", that with about $50 millions or maybe more that he has to his name he'll be back to the DR to cut sugar canes, right? Come on, what the hell are you guys talking about? You guys obviously had a little too many Presidentes and have nothing else to do. If you make a little better sense of what you are talking about maybe people on this board will give you the time of day.........

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Please read again

DR_DEFENDER said:
You guys are kidding, right? Well, I guess if they said, "Pedro, you are out of here, take off your uniform and don't let the door hit you in the ***", that with about $50 millions or maybe more that he has to his name he'll be back to the DR to cut sugar canes, right? Come on, what the hell are you guys talking about? You guys obviously had a little too many Presidentes and have nothing else to do. If you make a little better sense of what you are talking about maybe people on this board will give you the time of day.........

Did I ever say Pedro...NO. He's over the hill.. I'm talking about young players COMING to the United States, and the players,THAT want to come here and play. When they get popped they have no future. And if they're here just starting off, most of the money has been spent, because of taking care of family members, and living high on the hog . Believe me they did not study finance . And I'm all for shutting down Americans just as well. Let's all just keep the game alive. Maybe you should have a cold one.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Or 2

easygoin said:
Did I ever say Pedro...NO. He's over the hill.. I'm talking about young players COMING to the United States, and the players,THAT want to come here and play. When they get popped they have no future. And if they're here just starting off, most of the money has been spent, because of taking care of family members, and living high on the hog . Believe me they did not study finance . And I'm all for shutting down Americans just as well. Let's all just keep the game alive. Maybe you should have a cold one.
Like you don't know your baseball.......do they know who their talking to? LOL

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
ggn420 said:
Like you don't know your baseball.......do they know who their talking to? LOL

Thanks, but I really enjoy listening to everyone else astute knowledge of the game. :eek:

The sad thing is I just hope after all said and done... that these other countries can field..SOMEWHAT OF A TEAM to represent themselves in March, being so thin as it is now with overall talent. ;)