Rodeo this weekend!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
For those on the East Coast and horse fanatics in general, there is a rodeo at Rancho Jonathan this weekend. There'll be calf roping, barrel racing (that's mine!), bull riding, and a couple more neck-breaking competitions. From dawn to dusk on Saturday and Sunday and food is usually available on-site and close-by.

Rancho Jonathan is located in La Otra Banda, which is between Higuey and Veron. When going from Higuey, when you reach the Otra Banda lights (the only ones :D) keep going straight, a couple of curves later, you'll see the sign on the left.

See you there!!!

LynnCox

Feb 18, 2002
Have horses for sale...

KateP said:
For those on the East Coast and horse fanatics in general, there is a rodeo at Rancho Jonathan this weekend. There'll be calf roping, barrel racing (that's mine!), bull riding, and a couple more neck-breaking competitions. From dawn to dusk on Saturday and Sunday and food is usually available on-site and close-by.

Rancho Jonathan is located in La Otra Banda, which is between Higuey and Veron. When going from Higuey, when you reach the Otra Banda lights (the only ones :D) keep going straight, a couple of curves later, you'll see the sign on the left.

See you there!!!

Thanks for the info Kate. I went to a Rodeo there years ago..it was a blast. Good luck.

FYI...I have 2 horses for sale here in La Romana. I want to sell them together incase you know of anyone or anyone reads this thread. Maybe you can let the word out this weekend?? I'd appreciate it. Crystal is a 13 yr old mare, she used to be Jochi Brouwer's. I've had her for about 5 years. She's a fantastic horse and really tame now. Her colt Dandy will be 4 yrs old this month and is absolutely beautiful, saddle broke, really tame and ready to be trained in any discipline. I'm not riding anymore and feel it's unfair to keep them just for my groom to ride. Great deal for both..more information can be obtained by Jochi or by sending me a PM or email..I'll also pay a 10% commission to the person that brings me a buyer and the deal goes through. They absolutely must go to a great home though!

Lynn

Last edited:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Last day for rodeo!!! Yesterday started out great and we've got a lot of cowboys from Santo Domingo and Romana showing off their stuff. East Coasters, don't miss it! It's only offered once a year!!!

See you there!!!