Visa or residency?

Alex101

Jun 6, 2005
If any body could advice me what to do:

I live in dominican almost two years and work here. The problem is every time
i go out and fly back in, airlines give me troubles, in worst case i hade to purchase ticket out of dominican. On the border to dominican nobody ever asked me if i have a ticket out.

What is the cheapest solution to my situation. I am going to live here for another couple of years, but not permanently. I heared you could "buy" residency, but i don't know if it's the perfect solution.

Thanks for any help in advance

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Alex101 said:
If any body could advice me what to do:

I live in dominican almost two years and work here. The problem is every time
i go out and fly back in, airlines give me troubles, in worst case i hade to purchase ticket out of dominican. On the border to dominican nobody ever asked me if i have a ticket out.

What is the cheapest solution to my situation. I am going to live here for another couple of years, but not permanently. I heared you could "buy" residency, but i don't know if it's the perfect solution.

Thanks for any help in advance

True residency is not "for sale" and trying to buy one could get you in a lot of trouble. The Airline personnel will usually settle for an employment contract.

If you have to buy a ticket all you have to do is go to one of the offices here in the country and show them your contract, they will cancel it and refund your money.

Don't do anything stupid like try to buy a false Cedula. Either do it the right way or do nothing.

Scandall

Alex101

Jun 6, 2005
misunderstanding

Scandall said:
True residency is not "for sale" and trying to buy one could get you in a lot of trouble. The Airline personnel will usually settle for an employment contract.

I meant to get it through a lawyer that charges about 500-700$, and makes the legal procedure for you.

I am currently having problems refunding my "refundable" ticket with iberia. They won't refund it here, saying i have to do it back where i purchased it.

What kind of employment contract do i have to have, and doesn't it require a certain working visa?

Thank you