How do u find jobs in Santo Domingo?

jalene0214

Apr 9, 2005
i've heard much talk about finding jobs, but no one has really pointed out an actual way of finding classifieds, or even word of mouth about possible positions. Im interested in work for a company or an entity looking for a native english speaker who can speak spanish fluently in any field:
hotels
real estate
business community
comunications
sales
teaching with experence in both languages
any info or links to info would be great

May 12, 2005
You can find jobs in Santo Domingo just like anywhere else. Newspapers, friends, word of mouth, knocking on doors, websites etc.

jalene0214

Apr 9, 2005
do u know of any websites?
news paper and so on?
i ask cause this is the same answer i get all the time

fko1 said:
You can find jobs in Santo Domingo just like anywhere else. Newspapers, friends, word of mouth, knocking on doors, websites etc.

May 12, 2005
Well this site has an employment section. Also newspapers like Hoy and listin diario have their own websites as well. A quick google search will find those links for you. good luck.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Networking, word of mouth, networking and more networking.
Most good jobs you will never see advertised.

JANET/NJ

Jun 21, 2004
You know i've been wondering the same thing..........and no clear answer yet.
I have family down there but they are no help, unless i'm looking for less then minimum wage :tired:
Please keep me posted if you find anything helpful.........thanks

jalene0214 said:
i've heard much talk about finding jobs, but no one has really pointed out an actual way of finding classifieds, or even word of mouth about possible positions. Im interested in work for a company or an entity looking for a native english speaker who can speak spanish fluently in any field:
hotels
real estate
business community
comunications
sales
teaching with experence in both languages
any info or links to info would be great

Cirilo

Mar 17, 2005
I agree too

The best way is to create its own job ! Then no problem with the boss, and if you are lucky you'll have a good salary ;-) Even in this case, networking is very important.

MauricioFab32

Jun 10, 2004
Send me your resumes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking for a few good men or women....I posted an ad in the classified, employment section. Please review and if interested send me your resume. Talk to you soon.
MF

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I am pretty sure the OP has since abandoned the "dream" of living in the DR.
She bailed pretty quickly and stiffed a taxi driver that showed her around looking for apts etc. . . . .oh well. . . .