fun royal or casa marina reef?

lin7604

Aug 7, 2005
what can anyone tell me about these places. We are thinking of new years and i have looked at some pics but i'm still confused. The pics for CMR look great but i haven't heard much about the food and what there is to do in the evenings besides the entainment provided. I don't want to venture out as this will be a relaxing vac only. Then the pics i have seen of fun royal are ok ( ground wise) but i hear lots of good things about the food. so what do i choose..... :confused:

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Casa Marina Reef, and please do venture out in the night and day. CMR is in the heart of Sosua and is an excellent value for your money.

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
My Choice is...

lin7604,
My choice is, has been and will be Fun Royale. My wife and I have visited there for the past 10 years. The staff is like family. If you want info about Fun Royale-Fun Tropicale, go to www.debbiesdominincantravel.com click on resort photos, scroll down the North Coast to Fun Tropical-Fun Royale Bob
(it's the first of 3 entries by Bob) . Scroll down till you see the 2005 slide show. Open and enjoy. Royale is close to both Puerto Plata in one direction, and Sosua in the other if you want to take side trips, and I do suggest that you do.

Enjoy your Dominincan experience :)

SB

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
lin7604 said:
what can anyone tell me about these places. We are thinking of new years and i have looked at some pics but i'm still confused. The pics for CMR look great but i haven't heard much about the food and what there is to do in the evenings besides the entainment provided. I don't want to venture out as this will be a relaxing vac only. Then the pics i have seen of fun royal are ok ( ground wise) but i hear lots of good things about the food. so what do i choose..... :confused:
You don't want to venture out? Go to florida or where ever the heck you come from. Why go all the way to the DR to stay in a ALL INCLUSIVE?

You want something other than the entertainment provided but don't want to venture out?

Never mind me, I just get frustrated reading stuff like this. I can't even imagine why anyone would go to an all inclusive in the first place.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Escott said:
You don't want to venture out? Go to florida or where ever the heck you come from. Why go all the way to the DR to stay in a ALL INCLUSIVE?

You want something other than the entertainment provided but don't want to venture out?

Never mind me, I just get frustrated reading stuff like this. I can't even imagine why anyone would go to an all inclusive in the first place.
Scottie, she said she wants to RELAX
Try one sometime, you might like it!! The level of living might be a little different than you're used to in Sosua.
How's your head feel this morning?? LOL

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
ggn420 said:
Scottie, she said she wants to RELAX
Try one sometime, you might like it!! The level of living might be a little different than you're used to in Sosua.
How's your head feel this morning?? LOL
My head is just dandy. How is yours?

I have to ask although I know the answer, do you even know where Casa Marina is located? Before you rush to do a search let me "Clue" you in. It is in Sosua.

So where is my airline ticket you promised me big guy? I am still waiting for you to send it to me.

As always,

Kindest regards,
Escott

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Escott said:
My head is just dandy. How is yours?

I have to ask although I know the answer, do you even know where Casa Marina is located? Before you rush to do a search let me "Clue" you in. It is in Sosua.

So where is my airline ticket you promised me big guy? I am still waiting for you to send it to me.

As always,

Kindest regards,
Escott
I was not referring to where it is.....doesn't really matter, I was reolying to the AI remark.....Hummmmm
I wouldn't want to crap your style....you don't like AI's It's for nearly deads, remember? LOL

lin7604

Aug 7, 2005
thanks to those who took time to answer. Yes i want to relax and only relax this trip. I have been to sousa before and ventured out and most of my trips include venturing out and doing tours. I find that the time just passes too quickly and before i know it i'm back at home and haven't really enjoyed it enough to be relaxed and stress free. What i ment by entertainment other then the ent privided on stage was if there was anything else going on after that or if people just sit and mingle or if most people just go to bed after the ent. At some resorts they put on other stuff to keep people busy that want to stay up. anyway thanks.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Casa Marina has a disco that goes til 2 or 3 am. The "free" bars close at 11:00pm and I think that the "pay" bar (marlin bar) on the "Beach" side stays open as long as the disco. It will depend on the tourists that are there during your stay whether its quiet or lively after the shows. Personally, I love the weekends when the Domincans are the biggest presence in the hotel. The music, food and atmosphere are all very much improved. Generally, I think that most people drink til 11 or 12 pm then go to the discos or bars that are outside the grounds less than a 5 min walk away but maybe things have changed since the last time I stayed in an AI (CMR) was Dec 02. Venturing out in Sosua can be an all day event or a five minute event depending on what you are doing. The Casa Marina is in the heart of Sosua. You are already there so no day trip necessary. You can walk across the street, with your drinks, and watch a ball game or explore the shops and bars that are within a few steps of the hotel, or go to the public beach and for a few pesos be waited on hand and foot. How much more relaxing can you get? lol

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
ggn420 said:
I was not referring to where it is.....doesn't really matter, I was reolying to the AI remark.....Hummmmm
I wouldn't want to crap your style....you don't like AI's It's for nearly deads, remember? LOL
Now put your thinking cap on for one moment. I know it is hard but concentrate for a moment.

Why do you suppose I suggested going to an AI in Florida or whereever else that she was from? Here is a hint, she had NO PLANS on leaving the place.

Now go back to your room, you have been bad and DENSE again.

You couldn't crap my style no matter what you did. You aren't even a good joke anymore.

ta ta,
Escott

PS> I knew you didn't know where the place was! LOL you are way too easy.

Where is my damn ticket?

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Escott said:
Now put your thinking cap on for one moment. I know it is hard but concentrate for a moment.

Why do you suppose I suggested going to an AI in Florida or whereever else that she was from? Here is a hint, she had NO PLANS on leaving the place.

Now go back to your room, you have been bad and DENSE again.

You couldn't crap my style no matter what you did. You aren't even a good joke anymore.

ta ta,
Escott

PS> I knew you didn't know where the place was! LOL you are way too easy.

Where is my damn ticket?
Read post #8, looks like she's all set....and she doesn't want to leave the resort....oviously. Maybe she doesn't want to get mugged, or robbed. Do I detect a little "gay" in you? Hummmm forget that ticket I offered you.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
ggn420 said:
Read post #8, looks like she's all set....and she doesn't want to leave the resort....oviously. Maybe she doesn't want to get mugged, or robbed. Do I detect a little "gay" in you? Hummmm forget that ticket I offered you.
First you try to insult my intelligence with stupidity, then you try to insult my manhood because you can't afford to be the big shot you try to be?

I will forget that ticket you offered me because you probably couldn't afford it and was just trying very hard to be a big shot. If I was into self mutilation I would offer you one but since I am not, keeping you away is way better! You see, I am able to afford one but unlike some others don't wag the tongue with nothing behind it. LOL

I do some financing every once in a while so let me know if I can be of service to you some day.

Ta ta,
Escott

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Escott said:
First you try to insult my intelligence with stupidity, then you try to insult my manhood because you can't afford to be the big shot you try to be?

I will forget that ticket you offered me because you probably couldn't afford it and was just trying very hard to be a big shot. If I was into self mutilation I would offer you one but since I am not, keeping you away is way better! You see, I am able to afford one but unlike some others don't wag the tongue with nothing behind it. LOL

I do some financing every once in a while so let me know if I can be of service to you some day.

Ta ta,
Escott
If the shoe fits...wear it
Don't be a cry baby. I CAN afford the ticket, I'm just thinking a Dominican chica might be better.........

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Escott said:

You have my vote. If I want to hang around my neighbors I can go in my back yard and it is hotter here than the DR anyway lately. Vacations and tourism are not equal, the AI's are the refuge of people who don't understand the difference and/or really like hospital cafeteria food and phoney entertainment.

And Scott don't be so hard on ggn420, he has quoted accurately several times in this thread, a task beyond his means not a month ago. I am proud of him frankly.

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
lin7604 said:

Hi Lin,

I prefer the Fun Royale because it is in Playa Dorada and closer to the town of Puerto Plata.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
ggn420 said:
If the shoe fits...wear it
Don't be a cry baby. I CAN afford the ticket, I'm just thinking a Dominican chica might be better.........
If you use your personality you can save money there also! LOL

I think there is a difference between being able to afford things and Blah blah'ing about things. One day you will see it!:) Some people walk their talk but seems as if the truth is a BS Abstraction that you want nothing to do with.

Go figger...

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
ricktoronto said:
And Scott don't be so hard on ggn420, he has quoted accurately several times in this thread, a task beyond his means not a month ago. I am proud of him frankly.
I kind of found that AMAZING also. How difficult is it to hit REPLY from within a message? I thought we were dealing with one of Jerry's Kids! LOL I am actually not sure we aren't:)

Escott

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Hi Lin, despite everyone wanting to beat everyone else up on this thread, feel free to go to your choice of AI and enjoy it... You seem to be clear on what you want to do, so do that. Just ignore a few of the posters on this thread.

I'm thinking of a 4 day "veg out", "chill out", "no phones", "no gringos" period... and we will probably go to an AI. This will be the 2nd time in my life. They are good for something sometimes... Go for it...

Last edited:

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Escott said:
If you use your personality you can save money there also! LOL

I think there is a difference between being able to afford things and Blah blah'ing about things. One day you will see it!:) Some people walk their talk but seems as if the truth is a BS Abstraction that you want nothing to do with.

Go figger...
You seem to know an awfull lot and talk pretty big for someone that doesn't have a job LOL
Is it true you are on the ten most wanted list in NYC for child support??
Wasn't the RE business booming in the big city????and you left that for Sosua?Hummmmmmmmm Bla bla bla
You are tooooooo much...and pretty entertaining as well.
Time for bed Junior