evicting tenants

marisol luna

Aug 7, 2005
I understand that tenant eviction is a slow process in Dom. Rep. I live in New York. My father passed away and I got stuck wilth all these tenants who just want to do what they want to do. Anyway I got a lawyer to collect the rent money from them. My problem is most of them are like 3 months behind and most I am choosing not to renew their contracts. My father never deposited the tenant's deposit in EL banco de agricola. I have a specific tenant who is refusing to get out. I told my lawyer to stop accepting her rent money and tell her to move. I don't know if that was a wrong move but anyway my lawyer told her to take her rent monies and she should deposit it herself in that special bank. I am told by other people that it would be to the tenant's benefit to do that and not mine. I have been asking this tenant to movie for 2 yrs now but because the rent is so cheap of course she is refusing to get out.
Something else I want to know : The lawyer I have does not renew the contracts by paper. She gives them the 10 percent increase annually but does not do the actual contract. She charges the tenant 400 pesos for every new contract if it is drawn. She tells me because they are good tenants(the ones that pay on time) she just did it that way. Can she renew a lease without if being written up? My thing is I am not totally stupid. The leases I am have do read that they expire 1 yr from when it is written. Personally I am ready to give her the boot. I have the feeling some lawyers work differently but I really dont feel that she is working for my benefit. I have some other tenants who are over 3 months behind. What is the process to start kicking them out.? It has been suggested to me to just go to a bank and have them build a residential building there so those fools would have no choice but to get out but I dont think it sould be that easy. I would rather just clean house and get all those old tenants out!

L101

Jun 6, 2005
Question?

marisol luna said:
I understand that tenant eviction is a slow process in Dom. Rep. I live in New York. My father passed away and I got stuck wilth all these tenants who just want to do what they want to do. Anyway I got a lawyer to collect the rent money from them. My problem is most of them are like 3 months behind and most I am choosing not to renew their contracts. My father never deposited the tenant's deposit in EL banco de agricola. I have a specific tenant who is refusing to get out. I told my lawyer to stop accepting her rent money and tell her to move. I don't know if that was a wrong move but anyway my lawyer told her to take her rent monies and she should deposit it herself in that special bank. I am told by other people that it would be to the tenant's benefit to do that and not mine. I have been asking this tenant to movie for 2 yrs now but because the rent is so cheap of course she is refusing to get out.
Something else I want to know : The lawyer I have does not renew the contracts by paper. She gives them the 10 percent increase annually but does not do the actual contract. She charges the tenant 400 pesos for every new contract if it is drawn. She tells me because they are good tenants(the ones that pay on time) she just did it that way. Can she renew a lease without if being written up? My thing is I am not totally stupid. The leases I am have do read that they expire 1 yr from when it is written. Personally I am ready to give her the boot. I have the feeling some lawyers work differently but I really dont feel that she is working for my benefit. I have some other tenants who are over 3 months behind. What is the process to start kicking them out.? It has been suggested to me to just go to a bank and have them build a residential building there so those fools would have no choice but to get out but I dont think it sould be that easy. I would rather just clean house and get all those old tenants out!

Hi Marisol,

Are the property titles under your name?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
The very fact that you are posting all these questions here indicates to me that you my have to consider changing lawyer. In my opinion it should be his duty to inform you based on your wishes of your options on how to proceed to reach what ever your goals are.
Eg: If stopping receiving the monthly payments would be a good step towards getting XYZ evicted, then it should have been his advice, not your guess.

... J-D.

PINEAPPLE

Apr 17, 2007
My husband passed away last year, leaving his deceased mother's home in the D.R. to myself as well as his two children. We have had family members there attempting for almost 5 years to evict her tenant and his family, to no avail, as my mother-in laws wishes were to sell the home after she died.

Do I need to hire an International Attorney at this point as my last resort?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
My husband passed away last year, leaving his deceased mother's home in the D.R. to myself as well as his two children. We have had family members there attempting for almost 5 years to evict her tenant and his family, to no avail, as my mother-in laws wishes were to sell the home after she died.

Do I need to hire an International Attorney at this point as my last resort?

This was not the only thread on this subject as I recall very clearly some of the remedies other posters used to evict tenants. One that I recall was an owner who removed the roof on the house in effect " removing that comfortable roof over your head"
Use the search program and I'm sure you will find more information.
john