Blimey!!!

Memon7

Aug 4, 2005
Oh my!

I just wanted to post this thread to say "thank you" to all of you that share your experiences with living in the DR.

This don't mean that I'm changing my mind on moving there (actually it's the opposite), but I never knew it was and bad as many of the threads I been reading discribe it to be! I mean Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus!

I been at this site for three weeks total and the info I've received (just from reading) is mind blowing... I guess what I am so shock about is how other sites juice the DR up to make like it's a paradise to behold with the eyes and the thread I just read stated that it's nothing like a paradise... and this is a thread that had a date of "1999" (yall been exchanging info for a while I see).

So what now? I don't know... I'm still learning. But the funnest thing is... I came across this dating site "Single Dominican Republic" and "Dominican Girls" advertising single ladies to marry men outside of the DR and how much these dating agencies change for tour packages (up the US$2000)... even these agencies make it seem that these ladies are what American, German, and European men desire!

This is all to much for me to fathom... what is real?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I don't know which aspect is "blowing your mind", but I can tell you that it's not for everybody.
If it were, everybody would be here.
It sure is paradise for me, but it could be hell for someone else.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Am "HAPPY" With Some Things,And "Un-Happy" With Others!

And I think I have the right to point out,and complain about the things I don't like!
Who likes to pay $300 US a month for electricity that is "sporadic" at best!???? I HATE that!
Water???? Sometimes

Trash Collection? The "Wild Dogs" will be eating garbage in your neighborhood tomorrow!!

"Police Protection"?????....The Criminals rob you,the "POLICE" protect them!!!
"Firemen"?????? Shows what you know to even ask the question!

Education??? ...."My Sister screws foreigners for lots of pesos,wanna come with"?

"Healthcare"? "Take two aspirin and see me in the morning"!

Want a NEW CAR?,ME TOO! Only twice whaat you pay in the USA! But Wait,I can get you aa great deaal on financing,Only 25%!!!

But now for the "GOOD PART"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Want a couple of beautiful "18" year olds to "Float You kayak Around The Pond" for a few hours???? Got $25 US???

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Criss Colon said:
And I think I have the right to point out,and complain about the things I don't like!
Who likes to pay $300 US a month for electricity that is "sporadic" at best!???? I HATE that!
Water???? Sometimes

Trash Collection? The "Wild Dogs" will be eating garbage in your neighborhood tomorrow!!

"Police Protection"?????....The Criminals rob you,the "POLICE" protect them!!!
"Firemen"?????? Shows what you know to even ask the question!

Education??? ...."My Sister screws foreigners for lots of pesos,wanna come with"?

"Healthcare"? "Take two aspirin and see me in the morning"!

Want a NEW CAR?,ME TOO! Only twice whaat you pay in the USA! But Wait,I can get you aa great deaal on financing,Only 25%!!!

But now for the "GOOD PART"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Want a couple of beautiful "18" year olds to "Float You kayak Around The Pond" for a few hours???? Got $25 US???

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
Very true, but there are a few other things on the good side. The weather, the ocean, the freedom, the smiley faces, the opportunities, the good friends, etc.