bullfrogging

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Buck69 said:
any bullfrogs in the dr to hunt? yummy
Can't rightly tell if you're serious, but, just in case, never heard or seen one anywhere.
The only frogs around here are those noisy tree frogs with the little mittens.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Are you in for the "legs"? I have seen some big ones (like 8") a long time ago in Sosua, but never saw them again!

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Rocky said:
Can't rightly tell if you're serious, but, just in case, never heard or seen one anywhere.
The only frogs around here are those noisy tree frogs with the little mittens.

Well, YOU may not have seen any other types of frogs around here, but when I was living in ProCab, Cabarete, I remember BIIIIG frogs in the road at night sometimes. HUGE HORRIBLE FROGS!!!!

Stay well,
Amy

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
amy2761 said:
Well, YOU may not have seen any other types of frogs around here, but when I was living in ProCab, Cabarete, I remember BIIIIG frogs in the road at night sometimes. HUGE HORRIBLE FROGS!!!!

Stay well,
Amy
You sure they weren't toads?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
windeguy said:
That's BAD, really BAD. Shame on you. Still laughing as I type this.

Someday we will have to make Taco Tuesday again.--

Surely. I will be back in town again before too long and love Taco Tuesday :)

Larry

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Taco Tuesday!

Ok! That's it! Robert we have to start our own "SD Taco Tuesday night", that's all we hear about these days...Taco Tuesday that, Taco Tuesday this....

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
The giant frogs used for "froglegs" in restaurants are found in the area near Cotui, but there are locals who make their living catching these for that purpose. Rather than catching your own, it might be a lot friendlier to ask around in Cotui and buy them from a local.

I would think twice though, knowing the amount of pollution in that area from years and years of mining activity, and that the three main rivers near Cotui are very polluted.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
In the area around Mao, the "Sapo Bogaert" abounds. They were brought here by Monsieur Bogaert close to 100 years ago to eat the mosquitos around the rice fields. I am sure that you can get some kids to find you a few...jsut go into the countryside and ask..

HB :D:D:D

And there is the "Sapo Toro" +/- = to the Bullfrog...

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Ask the locals where you can get Maco Toro or los Macos pen pen. These are the bullfrogs you are looking for.