ship to DR?

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
Has anyone come from the US to the DR by boat/ship? Is anyone aware of any companies that do this? I was thinking it might be a nice way to make the final journey there, but there doesn't seem to be any information about anyone doing it. I SOOOOOOOO hate flying.

W-dog

May 31, 2005
The only cruise ship that I know that goes to Dominican Republic is Carnival and it leaves Puerto Rico.

I want to see if there are other ways...

Why do you hate flying? Keep in mind that more people die each day in car accidents than in a plane crash.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Wonderdog said:
Has anyone come from the US to the DR by boat/ship? Is anyone aware of any companies that do this? I was thinking it might be a nice way to make the final journey there, but there doesn't seem to be any information about anyone doing it. I SOOOOOOOO hate flying.

W-dog

Well! If you can catch a boat to Puerto Rico than you can take the Ferry to DR! Do a search for Ferry Puerto Rico

May 31, 2005
Yes, I forgot about the ferry. My brother has taken the ferry a couple of times to visit his madrina in Puerto Rico. He is also afraid of flying. But he flies to the US because he knows that he has no other choice.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
There are cruise ships that go from the US to the DR, mostly to La Romana. They probably will not give you a break in the price if you tell them you plan on getting off and staying off in the DR. It's seems like an expensive way to get from point A to point B.

Wonderdog

Apr 25, 2005
Dragonfly32837 said:
Yes, I forgot about the ferry. My brother has taken the ferry a couple of times to visit his madrina in Puerto Rico. He is also afraid of flying. But he flies to the US because he knows that he has no other choice.

It's not that I'm afraid to fly, I just don't like the whole business of it any longer. Too stressful in the airports, too many opportunities for hideous delays because of security, undignified searchies, etc.,. I just thought it would make a nice relaxing way to leave - sailing off into the ocean - start a new life with a vacation.

Thanks for the info, all.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
rellosk said:
There are cruise ships that go from the US to the DR, mostly to La Romana. They probably will not give you a break in the price if you tell them you plan on getting off and staying off in the DR. It's seems like an expensive way to get from point A to point B.

And since they stay for hours most times it is hell getting back , too.