Habanos at the Melia Hotel Santo Domingo?

Alex101

Jun 6, 2005
This may be a tired topic for some of you but I'd like to get some opinions. After doing a little bit of research I got ahold of what he habanos official website listed as the exclusive dealer of cuban cigars in the DR. I called them and I was transfered to who I assume is the guy who is in charge who was actually pretty helpful, he told me that some retailers do buy some boxes from them (ex. la casa del fumador next to the metro station in santo domingo) but that the only place that he could recommend %100 was the cigar shop at the Melia hotel on the malecon. I called them right after and got ahold of the owner of that shop who gave me prices on some boxes which I find to be very good. I know you may be thinking that i just may be paranoid and that i should just count my blessings but I have been burned before with fake cubans and I would like to check and re check before shelling out a couple of hundred bucks on what could be worthless. I know hillbilly is the resident expert on cigars so if he or anyone else who knows whats up would help me with some advice I would very much appreciate it.