Hippo 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Does anyone think Hip?lito has a chance of being elected president in 2008?

Based on the latest Gallop-Hoy poll and some of the people I have spoken with, it seems possible. The reason I think he may not get elected is because he may not get his party's nomination (although I'm not exactly sure how the nomination system works in the DR). From what I can tell it seems that he is not the offical spokesman of his party.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Where are you getting your numbers on the poll? Hipolito Mejia received a 68% unfavorable rating, with only a 15.8% favorable rating in that poll.

And by the Constitution that is in place today, he could not run for President in 2008 because he used his chance at reelection in 2004.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Dolores said:
Where are you getting your numbers on the poll? Hipolito Mejia received a 68% unfavorable rating, with only a 15.8% favorable rating in that poll.
I was referring to the poll reported by DR1 on Monday where only "12% felt the economy was good". I posted my question before I read today's poll.

Dolores said:
And by the Constitution that is in place today, he could not run for President in 2008 because he used his chance at reelection in 2004.
If that's the case, then my question is moot and this thread should be closed or deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.