me take a mini vacation.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Its hot as hell in DR. Santiago sizzles when the lights go out and inverter powered fan blows hot air. I was supposed to go to punta cana this weekend but the 7 hrs ride by bus gave me goose bumps; besides, the guy I was supposed to have meeting with was too busy with a full hotel. Anyway, I had then decided to spend the long weekend in puerto plata but it turns out my favorite hotel is full and my unfaithful wife cancelled out on me at the last minute. Now here I am left broken hearted and nothing to do and no where to spend the weekend. Santiago will empty out tomorrow as folks will head out to north coast or else where, away from santiago. Most santiagueros will be in cabarete and puerto plata area (playa dorada). I am not talking about chopos who come in buses and trash the beach, I am talking about regular folks like you all.
Anyway, back to me, because this post is about me.
So I picked up the phone (out of boredom) and decided to head out to my second home, atlanta, goergia. Good ol USA to taste the civilization for a change. I would like to feel central a/c even while I am sitting on the king's chair in my bathroom, a/c all around me. I will eat some southern hot chicken wings and pay for my sins in the morning. I will eat some delicious pakistani nans and kababs and creamy gringo style restaurant dal and hot nans again. Ummm, just can't wait to get there and bite into all the delicious food atlanta has to offer. Oh wait, I almost forgot to mention my trip to home depot and computer stores. I will spend a whole afternoon looking at tools and fancy laptops and wide screen plasmas in my favorite places (home depot & microcenter). Not to mention, I will visit cotsco and my other favorite store Walmart. God bless walmart. I once spent my new year's eve in that store (believe it or not).
So folks, good bye for the next 4 days, I will be in civilization for a change.
It sure feels good to visit home every once in a while and then return to chaos and disorder (my perminent home, santiago).
Have a wonderful weekend DR1ers. see ya back on thrusday.
AZB
Larry I will be in NYC on tuesday. give me a phone number in my PM where I can call you.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Lookie here!

Listen pendejo, do you know how HOTTTT is here now?. Well, at least in Pa is fricking hot!.

Why don't you come to PA so I can truly show you how to treat a guest. No Putas, sankies or chopos for you though, lol. But I must say, I am a busy man and maybe I will not be around whrn you are here.

By the way, I can get a plasma tv for you. A Sony Vega, 42 inches, original price $ 3,499.99, for $ 1,999.99. BUT, with my discount, it would take it down to $ 1,799.99 + tax!!. THAT'S A SAVINGS OF $ 1,700.00 DOLLARS!!!!.

You are my buddy so I can make that happen. I can even, probably, maybe, have it delivered to you in Atlanta!.

Good luck in HotTlanta!.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks guys, I am already enjoying atlanta and the fine food this city has to offer. Tomorrow we will go to a good indian restaurant and dig into some hot oven baked nans and tandoori chicken. Then I will go on my shopping spree and spend some cash. I have to buy a ton of things for my office, home and also a few items for friends.
Miguel, it maybe hot in PA but in atlanta, everywhere is fully a/c. Central a/c all the way, thats the law of deep south.
By the way, delta airlines (again) performed like a pro and got me to jfk 30 mins earlier. I am in atlanta now, flew first class all the way from sti. I am sure a happy chappy for this weekend. I will be back on wednesday or early thrusday.
AZB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Filling My "Cart" at "Home Depot & Costco" TOO! I Just "Came"!!!!!!!

Do I owe you 300 pesos for THAT!???? :nervous:
ccccccccccccc
Bring me 5 lbs of "Velveta' Cheese",and a 12 pack of "SPAM"
A "Cordless Tools "FIVE PACK" for only $79.00 US and I'll "Make You SMILE!!!!!!"

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Went to a really good kabab restaurant last night near atlanta area. I must have eaten 2 huge nans with cholay curry and countless chicken tikkas and a few juicy lamb chops. I was just to full to get up off the chair in the end. It was simply delicious. Today we went to a mexican restaurant and pigged out aqain. I will gain around 10 lbs extra when I will return on thrusday. My friend is already talking about doing a BBQ in his house upon my arrival in NY (night stay- then to change plane in the morning to head back to santiago). He makes some dangerous chicken tikka and keema kabab (chicken minced meat spicy kebab). I think I will simply explode from mass consumption.
I bought a gallon of nacho picante sauce, countless packs of chocolates for my santiago wives, a ton of merchandise for my clinic, computer stuff, including dvd blanks, indian spices and grocery and tomorrow I will buy stuff from cotsco. I will buy a huge container of peanuts, cashews, a huge bag of pishtachios and 2 dried fruit family sized bags. I just don't know how I will be able to bring everything back without going over the weight limit per suitcase.
Today I went out shopping for a nice laptop but I simply didn't like the onces which were in my budget. I guess I have spent a lot of money already. I wanted to spend 1100 dollars but I was just not satisfied with what I was getting. I will wait a few more months.
So folks, I am having a wonderful time here.
See ya all later.
AZB

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
AZB said:
Went to a really good kabab restaurant last night near atlanta area. I must have eaten 2 huge nans with cholay curry and countless chicken tikkas and a few juicy lamb chops. I was just to full to get up off the chair in the end. It was simply delicious. Today we went to a mexican restaurant and pigged out aqain. I will gain around 10 lbs extra when I will return on thrusday. My friend is already talking about doing a BBQ in his house upon my arrival in NY (night stay- then to change plane in the morning to head back to santiago). He makes some dangerous chicken tikka and keema kabab (chicken minced meat spicy kebab). I think I will simply explode from mass consumption.
I bought a gallon of nacho picante sauce, countless packs of chocolates for my santiago wives, a ton of merchandise for my clinic, computer stuff, including dvd blanks, indian spices and grocery and tomorrow I will buy stuff from cotsco. I will buy a huge container of peanuts, cashews, a huge bag of pishtachios and 2 dried fruit family sized bags. I just don't know how I will be able to bring everything back without going over the weight limit per suitcase.
Today I went out shopping for a nice laptop but I simply didn't like the onces which were in my budget. I guess I have spent a lot of money already. I wanted to spend 1100 dollars but I was just not satisfied with what I was getting. I will wait a few more months.
So folks, I am having a wonderful time here.
See ya all later.
AZB
The food you're bringing back will feed half of this country for a week. Especially the cashews. You can drop them off here and I will make sure they are distributed to the mee-dy.