budget lodging Guayacanes, Juan Dolio, San Pedro and La Romana

pastelita

Aug 15, 2005
any gems that anyone knows about? Is Hotel Fior di Loto still around (in Juan Dolio).

I have been searching the web along with some travel guides, and I often find that the websites for these little hotels are no longer up. Should I assume that the hotel no longer exists if the travel guide was published in 2002?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Flor di Loto is still there.....

altho Mara is in India right now....
Give Benito a call at 809-526-1146 for reservations....

yaidani

Feb 23, 2005
I dont know about the travel guides

What are you looking for exactly? There was a question simliar to yours that has gotten a number of hits too. (I'm sure you've noticed.) I can speak on some of the smaller hotels in La Romana and a few of the bigger ones, but not without knowing what kind of travel experience you want.

yaidani

Feb 23, 2005
Oh, silly me!

You did say budget.

Ok, in La Romana town they have a handful of small hotels and some aparta-hotels and cabanas.

Aparta hotels are usually the cheapest option, but possibly, the least desirable. Cacique comes to mind. They have a sister property they can tell you if you ask. We are talking shared bathroom in most cases and less than desirable neighborhoods.

There is also a Cabana or two. Adamanay is the name I know. I heard thirdhand that it is nice and clean, round bed, AC, etc. You pay by the hour or $600RD for an overnighter. I think I will stay a night there myself sometime next week. (i'm very curious. :glasses: )

Hotels available:

Dejavue -probably the nicest one in La Romana Town. They have a bar/restaurant and a pool and rooms with TV/hot water/AC. $1200 RD per night. Their website is still under construction and the links dont work, but you can see pictures of the exterior: http://facilconexion.net/work/dejavue/

Hotel Frano- I stayed there for 3 nights in May. It was ok. AC/TV/hot water. The room was nice and pleasant and cleaned daily, but the bathroom had some rust and a bit of a smell. The restaurant downstairs serves excellent dominican food. If you stay here, pay cash. There were some shady charges to my ATH from them, and also, they wont charge you tax if you pay in pesos. The cost was $800RD for a standard room. I opted for a room facing away from the road for quiet (Avenida Padre Abreu a VERY busy street) I paid $900RD/night for that.

A few steps away from Frano is Hotel Olimpo. We almost stayed here, but I asked to see a room first and I wasn't satisfied with what I saw. The price was I beleive $750RD/night. The room was secure and large with a small refrigerator, and you could tell that it was well-cleaned daily. I just didnt like the bare-bones feel of the place, felt kinda seedy to me, personal preference.

Then there is the Riverview. I didnt get to see any rooms because they were booked solid when we went, but it is in a quiet area, still close to the happenings, and if the lobby is any reflection on the quality of the whole, then I'll bet the rooms are pretty nice. Lots of people were checking in and you can find a few reports on DR1 about this place. Cost $900RD/night. I will be staying there next week also.

Here is a yellowpages link that you can use to find the numbers: http://english.dr.superpages.com/li...Romana&search=Find+It&Buscar.x=48&Buscar.y=10

Good luck to you.

Last edited: