More Gold Found in DR

jwampler

Feb 5, 2004
The following was part of the news reported today in DR1.
Could someone explain where this location is, and any other pertinent information. Sure sounds interesting and exciting. See Below.
Thanks,
Jack

More gold found in DR
The GoldQuest Mining Corporation has announced the discovery of two new zones of gold-bearing quartz veins and a third zone of copper-gold-silver-molybdenum mineralization in the north of the Dominican Republic. These were discovered during the Gold Fields-funded exploration program with Gold Fields retaining a back in right to earn a 60% interest. The El Toro, Santa Ana and El Tuerto concessions and applications are located 110 km northwest of Santo Domingo.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
110km northwest of Santo Domingo puts you right in the Cordillera Central, in the area of La Vega or Jarabacoa. Interesting.
West of Jarabacoa looks very mountanous and remote, would seem likely.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I dont know anything about the company but I would be very careful before investing in the company. There have been more than enough pump and dump scams in the market, especially when it comes to gold.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
GoldQuest Mining Corporation is a legit company with foreign investors. An ex of mine does the gold searching for them?.damn?maybe I should call him back! jejejeje :nervous:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
juanita said:
GoldQuest Mining Corporation is a legit company with foreign investors. An ex of mine does the gold searching for them?.damn?maybe I should call him back! jejejeje :nervous:
I'd think twice before investing. GoldQuest Mining Corporation is a thinly traded penny stock, traded on the Vancouver exchange.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
if you are interested in the mining business in the DR, you should do a good reading of mining laws in the DR, and familiarize yourself with all related regulations. A prospector's discovery of ore deposits carries no special rights or privilege with regards to the exploitation of that particular deposit. The state is sole owner of all subsoil resources (including water, so don't go ahead and 'mine' water from a well in your property without the appropriate authorization, because you don't 'own' the water). Prospective investors should also fine print read the particular mining concession contract issued by the mining authorities (Direcci?n General de Miner?a), and also check if the respective decree has been formally issued by the Ejecutive (Presidencia), without which it's worthless.

By the way, I'm in the market for venture capital to finance a salvage operation in the southern coast of the DR, the sunken treasure of the infamous pirate Cofres?. Anybody interested?

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Mirador said:
if you are interested in the mining business in the DR, you should do a good reading of mining laws in the DR, and familiarize yourself with all related regulations. A prospector's discovery of ore deposits carries no special rights or privilege with regards to the exploitation of that particular deposit. The state is sole owner of all subsoil resources (including water, so don't go ahead and 'mine' water from a well in your property without the appropriate authorization, because you don't 'own' the water). Prospective investors should also fine print read the particular mining concession contract issued by the mining authorities (Direcci?n General de Miner?a), and also check if the respective decree has been formally issued by the Ejecutive (Presidencia), without which it's worthless.

By the way, I'm in the market for venture capital to finance a salvage operation in the southern coast of the DR, the sunken treasure of the infamous pirate Cofres?. Anybody interested?
Sounds very tempting...I collect and trade in gold coins, mostly doubloons as a hobby. I have coins from the "Atocha" and USS Republic.....one from the Cofresi sure would be nice.....What area of the south is this located? I have a map that shows some wrecks off Isla Saona, Boca Chica,Las Calderas, and Barahona.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
ggn420 said:
Sounds very tempting...I collect and trade in gold coins, mostly doubloons as a hobby. I have coins from the "Atocha" and USS Republic.....one from the Cofresi sure would be nice.....What area of the south is this located? I have a map that shows some wrecks off Isla Saona, Boca Chica,Las Calderas, and Barahona.

What a coincidence! I'm also into collecting. I have several doubloons from the salvage of "Nuestra Se?ora de la Berenjena", which I could trade for some of yours, however, I would discourage you from biting into mine. Maps? I'll let you see mine, if you let me see yours.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Mirador said:
What a coincidence! I'm also into collecting. I have several doubloons from the salvage of "Nuestra Se?ora de la Berenjena", which I could trade for some of yours, however, I would discourage you from biting into mine. Maps? I'll let you see mine, if you let me see yours.
The map I have is not a treasure map in any way, just a good detailed, plastic coated of the island. it is available on line at www.berndtson.com
You can check it out,it's one of the best detailed DR maps I've ever seen. They show what probably is the most common shipwreaks and their locations. I have looked at some other maps online, and am surprised at the large number or wreaks, and unsalvaged ones!
Most of the doubloons I have are from Spain late 1700s Carol IV in 2 or 4(only 1 in 8) escudos. They are capsuled and graded AU-58-MS-62. I also have a couple of Dutch.
Curious as what you have for a map, and it's availability.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
UUUUUHHHHHHH...ggn

He's pulling your leg, just a wee bit....

He has a funny snese of humor...

:p:p:p

HB :D:D:D