Case of the Missing Chocolate!!!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I wasn't really sure where to post this. But I decided this effects those of us who live here the most so this is where the thread goes.

So often we regular posters get asked for advice, guidance and information both on a personal and a business level. For the most part we are very happy to help. It is in our nature to be helpful.

We don't expect long diatribes about how wonderful we are. A simple hearfelt thank you is always welcome!

BUT, when someone publicly makes a promise, well some of us get our hopes up......

For a period of time 2 of us here have given advice to a certain individual. This person, on her own initiative, promised us 2 BIG boxes of chocolate. We have been told that it arrived in the country some weeks ago.

Someone must have stolen our chocolate!!!!!! There is no other explanation for the missing chocolate. What else could it possibly be???

For the 2 of us - this is very serious business. Do not come between a woman and her chocolate! We have called all our friends, they are on the lookout for sticky fingers, chocolate traces on lips, chocolate wrappers in the garbage.

Be very afraid. If we find you and you have our chocolate, we will not be responsible for what happens next!!!

WE are offering a reward for the missing chocolate, any leads to our missing chocolate........will lead to heartfelt appreciation ..........maybe hugs......... If you know the whereabouts of our chocolate please contact us......

Planner & Carina

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I swear it wasn't me, I swear ;) just kidding it wasn't me!

Your too funny! But your right never mess with a woman and her chocolate they should know better!!!
Hope you find your chocolate I'll keep on the look our for you. ;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You Sound Like My Son's Girlfriend!

They both graduated from the U. of Mass.in June.They had a joint party.With a BIG Chocolate Cake,of course!She wore a "T"-Shirt that said,"Drop The Chocolate and Nobody Gets Hurt!"

If you wanted "Chocolate|" you should have asked me.I brought back a trunk full of candies and chocolate!!

CCCCCCCC

PS.,Have you tried the dominican brand "Munne" chocolate with "Canela" for making "Pan con Chocolate"??? Fantastic!!!!!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Why didn't you tell me?.

Darlene, every single time that I go the DR, I HAVE to take bags and bags and bags and bags of chocolates to my brother. How many bags?, lets just say that I have to take a little luggage just for his chocolates.

When I go back, let me know and I will take some for you. I will send it on the metro or caribe tours buses if needs be!.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
This really isn't about the chocolate you guys.... Although all chocolate is accepted gratefully.....

It really is about empty promises! Its about saying things publicly and then not meaning them.......

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Okay sorry I was having fun with the whole missing chocolate thing but I do understand what your saying.
I don't like it either when someone says something and they don't fall throught with it.
I don't make promises I can't keep and I don't like it when people do it to me, mind you I do let them know even if there great friends I tell it like it is!

planner said:
This really isn't about the chocolate you guys.... Although all chocolate is accepted gratefully.....

It really is about empty promises! Its about saying things publicly and then not meaning them.......

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Fineeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

planner said:

If that is the case, then I take my offer off the table.

AZB, carina and MommC, care for some chocolates from the "chocolate man"?.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
miguel said:
If that is the case, then I take my offer off the table.

AZB, carina and MommC, care for some chocolates from the "chocolate man"?.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Okay Miguel, I warned you......... Do NOT mess with a woman and her chocolate....

You offered and I accepted.....LOL Bring me the chocolate and no one gets hurt.........

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Music said:
Okay sorry I was having fun with the whole missing chocolate thing but I do understand what your saying.
I don't like it either when someone says something and they don't fall throught with it.
I don't make promises I can't keep and I don't like it when people do it to me, mind you I do let them know even if there great friends I tell it like it is!

Ok Music, you?re off the hook. ;)
We will do anything to find our missing chocolate. ANYTHING.
But as Planner wrote, it is more than that, i?t?s about promises and then don?t give damn.. :cross-eye

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I agree!
Too bad I'm not there I'd hunt them down grrr! :bandit:
I love a good mystery and I loooooove chocolate ;) I'm always the first to try a new chocolate bar ;)

carina said:
Ok Music, you?re off the hook. ;)
We will do anything to find our missing chocolate. ANYTHING.
But as Planner wrote, it is more than that, i?t?s about promises and then don?t give damn.. :cross-eye

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I am happy to see that I will no longer have to smuggle any more chocolates down there for Dawnwil, Carina, etc. as there appears to be a surplus of chocolate in the country.

Larry (retired chocolate smuggler)

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Larry said:
I am happy to see that I will no longer have to smuggle any more chocolates down there for Dawnwil, Carina, etc. as there appears to be a surplus of chocolate in the country.

Larry (retired chocolate smuggler)

Larry, you may be retired, and have went from Mango Larry to a new alternative life style. But you where the best chocolate smuggler ever spotted on the North Coast, and you are a man of your word.
;) ;) ;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok, here is my offer to the women who were hurt by empty promises.
If either one of you show up in santiago with-in the next 7 days, I shall gift you the most delicious chocolate you will be eating in a long time to come.
Now after 7 days, I am not responsible for the chocolates as I will be eating them daily with my sweet wives.
So come you 2 and get your chocolates.
AZB

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
AZB said:
Ok, here is my offer to the women who were hurt by empty promises.
If either one of you show up in santiago with-in the next 7 days, I shall gift you the most delicious chocolate you will be eating in a long time to come.
Now after 7 days, I am not responsible for the chocolates as I will be eating them daily with my sweet wives.
So come you 2 and get your chocolates.
AZB

You?re a sweetheart!!!!! Planner is passing Monday going to Santo Domingo.
We always have solutions when it comes to getting chocolate! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Miguel!!!!

Hey whenever I'm in JD and you're coming down.....chocolate is ALWAYS welcome!!

Not that I'm a particular chocolate fan (I do like a taste now and then but I'm more of a vanilla or strawberry person --except that Amaretto is my personal fav.) however PapaTony is a chocoholic and when Papa's happy, he makes ME happy too!

So YES I'll NEVER refuse chocolate!! ;) :eek:

Now as for people who make promises -harumph! I've been know to 'forget' one of two (it's that Alzheimers thing that creaps up as you get older!!).

Sometimes a 'gentle' reminder - like a kick in the butt- is all it takes to 'jog' the memory!

BTW Where's the pictures???? :nervous:

Last edited:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
MommC said:
Hey whenever I'm in JD and you're coming down.....chocolate is ALWAYS welcome!!

Not that I'm a particular chocolate fan (I do like a taste now and then but I'm more of a vanilla or strawberry person --except that Amaretto is my personal fav.) however PapaTony is a chocoholic and when Papa's happy, he makes ME happy too!

So YES I'll NEVER refuse chocolate!! ;) :eek:

Now as for people who make promises -harumph! I've been know to 'forget' one of two (it's that Alzheimers thing that creaps up as you get older!!).

Sometimes a 'gentle' reminder - like a kick in the butt- is all it takes to 'jog' the memory!

BTW Where's the pictures???? :nervous:

Have you seen our chocolates?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok planner, give ma a PM, let me know when and what time you will be passing though santiago. I will have the chocolates ready.
I will even deliver in any point in santiago.
AZB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
This is the deal!

Ok, so there's no confusion:

Carina, Planner and MommC (and PappC), just tell me what kind of chocolates you gals like and when I go to the DR, I will have a "ChocolateFest Party"!!.

But AZB is not invited since he is ALWAYS "busy"!!. Besides, no chopos allowed. Pimps, yes, but no chopos!!. LOL.