Casa Marina Beach Hotel beach

Travlwizz

Feb 2, 2002
Greetings everyone from Alberta Canada. I have been to the DR twice and look forward to staying at the Casa Marina Beach for a third time in the near future. I have heard rumors that the beach area at the hotel is no longer there due to tides and storms. Any truth in that story? I realize that all of the beaches change with the tides but someone told me that its just gone completely! Appreciate any feedback...

Thanks!

Deb Moore
Air Land and Sea Travel

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I don't think so, but haven't been on that beach for many years. However the Sosua Beach is still there, and that beach is so much better, best in the world.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The Beach

Although part of the beach got chewed away a while back, there is now access to another beach that appeared in front of the Waterfront hotel.
Casa Marina has built a stairway to access this new beach and they put their beach chairs out everyday, so if the original beach is not quite as you remember it, you will benefit from an addtional beach, which is more sheltered and not as rough.

Travlwizz

Feb 2, 2002
Casa Marina Beach Hotel - beach area

Thanks Rocky! Appreciate the information. I agree that Sosua Beach is the better of the two for sure but its nice to be able to stretch out on a deck chair on the beach and enjoy the scenery. Beats the heck outta cold Canadian fall weather. Take care!