costa del sol juan dolio

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
i have been looking to invest in this complex u have membership in the los marlins golf club anyone have info on this construction project they are asking 225,000 s dollars a little steep

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
a year ago they were asking different price i hope prices havent appreciated that much . my ny boricua pr friends tel me i am a psycho to even think of retiring in republica dominicana it is such thid world country . my personal experience dr has much more to offer definitely less crime and drogas

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I wouldn't say there's less crime and 'drogas'

but I'm assuming the Costa del Sol project is the one being built by the concerns that own Los Marlins up in the Villas del Mar part of Juan Dolio, next to the former Metro Hotel & Marina (or is it the former Metro Hotel and Marina conversion to dcondo project??).

Anyway you;ll find the $225,000 asking price about par for the developments in the area.

Personally I think it's a little high (result of the influx of Americans into the island) but that is the going price in the area!

Glad I bought my condo 15 years ago when prices were more realistic (altho' much higher than those on the north coast)! ;)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
The prices last year were much lower but the risk was a lot higher. As a project like that actually gets built, the risk drops and the prices will go up.

The reputation of the developement group is excellent. I know several who have purchased there.

The price is also going up as they are building another tower right beside the first. The prices of that tower started much higher.

There is a fair amount of developement going on in the whole area. If you want more information, send me a PM

angel2005

Aug 19, 2005
juan dolio

there are houses directly on the beach which are pretty much larger for 100.000 or less

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
costa del sol juan dolioyes it is costa del sol

yes it is owned by the metro group the co that operates the golf course and the embassy suites 225,000 seems llike alot of money in dr rd$7,000,000

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
as an investment property would it be easy to rent out and at what rate for a so called luxury resort i know it is close to boca chica and santo domingo would it be able to compete with hamaca at boca chica :beard:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
It's not a resort. Its a condo developement. But they do offer rental pools that are professionally run and reasonable. It is a beautiful building.

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
the pictures on the brochures look like south beach style. planner does it look.anything like that and what daily rate would you rent it out. planner i hear there is alot of activity in that area i wonder if you have any insight as to the reasons. could it be the drcafta agreement or that dominican beach front property is cheap relative to the ripoff southbeach florida prices

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Well I think it looks quite a bit like the brochure but they are still doing finishing. I will be down there next week and check it out again.

Why are the prices going up? I think it is all about supply and demand and perceived value! There is only so much beach front property in the caribbean. It isn't just about this island. And as more and more people want to purchase the dream = beachfront in paradise = the prices go up! As well that area is very nice, close to the capital, easy access, nice beach, good construction......

I do know of several other projects as well that are doing good.
Yes all prices are relative. We are very cheap compared to south beach.......... and other islands. Antigua is completely out of line now. Bahamas etc, same story.

ludwig

Aug 28, 2006
Do you know someone interested in buying a Condo in Costa del Sol? I have two for sale.

Ludwig