Anyone wishes to be a restaurant manager?

pacito

Jul 28, 2004
I wish to open a mediterranean restaurant in Sto Domingo.
A blend of Greek and Lebanese food.
I have the capital, the location, the marketing savy but I need a manager...
Any one in DR1 land interested? Please send me a private reply.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Please..please let?s help this guy find a manager; I?m dying to eat some Greek food! Why not place an ad in the DR1 Advertising section? ;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I'll ask a friend in the catering management business if she knows of anyone.

didier

Aug 19, 2005
Restaurant Manager

pacito said:

deleted

Last edited:

mikey007

Bronze
Aug 19, 2005
anyone wishes to be a restaurant manager

i think if u invested in one of those greek diners that are on the side of the road that resemle a trailerwould do great a greek chimi churri would make money in dr

Geert

Jan 28, 2005
pacito said:

Greek and Lebanese food usually involves lamb.
I have never been able to find lamb in the DR.
Are you planning to import it??

Cheers, Geert

pacito

Jul 28, 2004
Geert said:

Cheers, Geert
Good point...but I personally can't stand the smell!!! I will try to do without!!
Think of Domades...tzaganiky...ouzo...shawarma...arak...baclava... souvlaky....kebab....who needs the lamb?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
pacito said:
Good point...but I personally can't stand the smell!!! I will try to do without!!
Think of Domades...tzaganiky...ouzo...shawarma...arak...baclava... souvlaky....kebab....who needs the lamb?
I guess this is going to be "Dominican/Lebanese". Another chicken restaruant.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
pacito said:
Howmar: do you cook or eat?
Both. I owned a restaurant back in the Staes for many years. I am familiar with Lebanese cuisine because my restaurant was located next to a Lebanese restaurant owned by my best friend. He was from Beirut.

harlan

May 12, 2004
kibbee

pacito,

there is a great middle eastern restaurant in the town of La Romana. I believe called Shish Kabob. owner 2nd generation of Palestinian descent, nice friendly person. he has an email address though I misplaced same. maybe he would offer some good advice.
interestingly, there is a common street food in rep dom that has a name sounding like kibbee. must have come over via spanish moors from way back.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Geert said:

Cheers, Geert

I have not seen lamd in any supermarkets but have had lamb in a few restaurants so it must be available?
Costelao has leg of lamb sometimes.
I had lam chops at meson de la cava as well.
In fact in july I had lamb at the Restaurant at Camp David Ranch in santiago.

I used to bring lambchops in with me when I lived in SDQ.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
harlan said:
pacito,

there is a great middle eastern restaurant in the town of La Romana. I believe called Shish Kabob. owner 2nd generation of Palestinian descent, nice friendly person. he has an email address though I misplaced same. maybe he would offer some good advice.
interestingly, there is a common street food in rep dom that has a name sounding like kibbee. must have come over via spanish moors from way back.

The Dominican version of kibbe is called quipe and was brought to the country more recently than that: by Middle Easterners who immigrated to the DR in the late 19th - mid-20th century.

There are several Middle Eastern restaurants and cafes in the capital run by their descendants, and a good Lebanese deli called L'Epicier de l'orient on Ave. Churchill.

I am told that lamb (from New Zealand, no less) is available - at a price - from the very upmarket 'Amigo' supermarket on Gustavo Mejia Ricart in Naco.

pacito

Jul 28, 2004
Chirimoya said:
The Dominican version of kibbe is called quipe and was brought to the country more recently than that: by Middle Easterners who immigrated to the DR in the late 19th - mid-20th century.

There are several Middle Eastern restaurants and cafes in the capital run by their descendants, and a good Lebanese deli called L'Epicier de l'orient on Ave. Churchill.

I am told that lamb (from New Zealand, no less) is available - at a price - from the very upmarket 'Amigo' supermarket on Gustavo Mejia Ricart in Naco.
Do you know of the availability of organic vegetables in Sto Domingo...especially spinach? Or will I have to organize it myself?

pacito

Jul 28, 2004
Chirimoya said:
Most supermarkets have a small organic section but your best bet is to buy direct from 'Mercado Ecologico' in Mirador Sur.

E-mail Andrea or Clara on fama@verizon.net.do
Thanks for the info, I never went to this market, I will check it out next week.
What I really would like is to buy Vacuum sealed organic salad (especially spinach) from USA or Canada...Do you think it is available there?