I AM Now Here!!

jalene0214

Apr 9, 2005
I have arrived...lol
i just got here from New york...In need of a Guide Does ANYONE KNOW ANYONE?

WOW WHEN PEOPLE TALK ABOUT D.R. THE ILLUSION GIVE OVER THE P.C. IS SO DIFFERENT FOR THAT OF WHEN YOU GET OFF THE PLANE

SOMEONE PLEASE GET ACK TO ME ON THE TOUR DEAL

ALL FOR NOW
JAZ

May 31, 2005
What do you think? Do you find it the same, better, or worse than people made it out to be? I mean just what you have seen. I realize that you just got there and can change your mind later on.

jalene0214

Apr 9, 2005
ok im in Santo Domingo
im looking for a guide and someone who knows people with apartemnts for rent i need a place with in the next 5 days the sooner the better

Plus why are there no parks people invest in a damn park!!
i need help getting accomidated to this area its so far from wht im used to not that im privliged just from new york,...lol
ne wayz help is definitly needed

jalene0214

Apr 9, 2005
Far worse lol i just was not expecting D.R. to be like this
my illusions have definitly been killed lol

Dragonfly32837 said:
What do you think? Do you find it the same, better, or worse than people made it out to be? I mean just what you have seen. I realize that you just got there and can change your mind later on.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
jalene0214 said:
Far worse lol i just was not expecting D.R. to be like this
my illusions have definitly been killed lol
That's exactly why everyone should make at least one exploratory trip before making a move.

REALDOMINICAN

Apr 2, 2005
ok i see

you should have go to a Resort all included.after that . then you can travel outside to check everything out.
you can not just go to DR to rent in a room.
you must be joking.

que tacano.
diablo

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
REALDOMINICAN said:
you should have go to a Resort all included.after that . then you can travel outside to check everything out.
you can not just go to DR to rent in a room.
you must be joking.

que tacano.
diablo
What are you talking about?

This person made a decision that she wanted to live in the DR with her child, before even visiting there. In other threads, she was asking questions about schools, cost of living, how far $x would go, etc. While it was good she was asking questions, it's difficult to tell someone what the cost of living is if they haven't see the different standards of living available.

Where did I suggest she should stay at an AI? My only comment was that people should first check out the DR before making a decision to live there.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I agree, why would anyone move here without ever visiting here first???

I do not understand this one.....

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Well yes, life is certainly different in reality, compared to be sitting behind a computer screen. I see you have asked questions before, but one can never be prepared to reality without having explored it first.
Just arrive, without having tried the real life is HARD, for anyone.

I suggest you check where you can find foreigners in the city that have lived there for a while, some might be able to give you some suggestions as for apartment rentals.
Did I understand correctly, you have a kid with you?
If you have asigned her/him to a school, they will for sure know of other parents there, that might be able to help you get in to society.

It?s hard, I understand that, but the most part you will have to manage alone.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
jalene0214 said:
I have arrived...lol
i just got here from New york...In need of a Guide Does ANYONE KNOW ANYONE?

WOW WHEN PEOPLE TALK ABOUT D.R. THE ILLUSION GIVE OVER THE P.C. IS SO DIFFERENT FOR THAT OF WHEN YOU GET OFF THE PLANE

SOMEONE PLEASE GET ACK TO ME ON THE TOUR DEAL

ALL FOR NOW
JAZ

I'll be arriving to santo domingo on the 31st. PM me and I will give you my DR cell number. I can help show you around etc.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Too Late "Rafael"!!!

She will be gone before you arrive!!!!!!

Running "Away" from something/ONE in New York,rather than running to something,"Santo Domingo" rarely has a happy ending!

Some here will try to paint you a "Rosey" picture of the DR,and tell you to "Hang In There!",not me!

I say,"Cut Your Loses"! Get out while you still have some money to re-start your life in the USA!

I have 4 young children,know what I am doing,and find it really difficult to survive here! You Don't,& WON"T!

You have made a mistake.We all have done the same in our lives.Don't make things worse be spending all your $$$$$$$$$$$$$.Then you will have "REAL" problems!!There is no "Social Safety Net" here for poor single mothers!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Moving anywhere in the world, brings alots of responsibilities on every person that choses to do that. Moving to a country with a completely different culture, brings more on a persons shoulders.
Because you are the one that is responsible, the one that have to fix a life for you. Not an easy task, but no one will do it for you.

It takes alots of guts, adaptation, knowledge to do this.
For one person it can be an adventure, a right step, for another, if you have not done your homework and are not clear on what you are doing, it will end up being worse than worst.
It?s no game, for sure.

I agree with Chris Colon. I live here, I know what I am doing, I know my work, I have a safety net in form of close friends and also by knowing the culture. But honestly, there are days when I find it hard or difficult here, even after being here for years and consider this to be home.

Reality is always reality.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Jalene, keep us updated on how things are going for you. What have you seen of Santo Domingo? Did you find a place to stay or are you back in NY?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Check the new thread I created "The Secret of Santo Domingo".

I moved there what I had initially posted here, I think it merits a thread of its own...

:glasses:

Last edited: