Any Jobs Available in Punta Cana

Jay06

Aug 19, 2005
Hello Everyone I am new to the site so I am still trying to figure it out. I been in this country for about eight months now and recently considered working and was wondering if there were any way I could find a good paying job in Punta Cana, Cap Cana, or Bavaro area via interent? I live in Higuey so I am not far from the tourist area but I don't have a vehicle and I notice that the only public transportation is one straight route that goes to the airport but if I wanted to go to the hotels I would have to hitch hike and that is just a little to risky for me. I am fluent in Spanish and English and have a lot of computer skills and experience. Can any one help me please because it seems as if in this country you can't get anything with out knowing someone. Thank you

Jay

gringagirly

Mar 7, 2005
decent jobs

Well you wont find anything decent in Higuey...I call it the land of "No Hay"...meaning most of the time they have no lights, no water, no gas, no resturants and CERTAINLY no jobs... You will definately need to go to Punta Cana area for any decent opportunity, and that depends on your background, not just educational..if you were deported forget working in any of the hotels.
Since you dont have a car "Jump on the bus,Gus"

Jay06

Aug 19, 2005
gringagirly said:
Well you wont find anything decent in Higuey...I call it the land of "No Hay"...meaning most of the time they have no lights, no water, no gas, no resturants and CERTAINLY no jobs... You will definately need to go to Punta Cana area for any decent opportunity, and that depends on your background, not just educational..if you were deported forget working in any of the hotels.
Since you dont have a car "Jump on the bus,Gus"

Well I wasn't really looking for a job in Higuey but I reside in that town. I just wanted to know if there was like a website where I can go to and search for jobs in Punta Cana/Cap Cana. I am not deported, I was born in the US. In reference to the bus they only have one public bus that takes you in that area but just through the main route, if you want to go to the hotels you would have to hitch hike becuase all you see is private vehicles, tourist bus, and workers bus.
This town is a small town and there are not as much variety as I am used to in the US but I really can't complain about electricity and water at least in my area because lights go out for like a 4 hours and I have a generator so I really don't feel it but it is certaintly a different world.

Thank you

Jay

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
If you get a job in a hotel in this area, most of them have buses to transport their employees so it shouldn't be too bad since lots of people live in Higuey and they could give you a hand figuring the route out. As for applying through the internet, I wouldn't really recommend it. The internet is just starting to be used as it should down here. I would recommend you call the hotels you're interested in, get the human resources department's email address and send your CV that way.

As for a job in Cap Cana, there isn't much yet over there. Maybe by the time they open the hotel and the plazas ect. there'll be many jobs but not for now...

Good luck!!

Jay06

Aug 19, 2005
KateP said:
If you get a job in a hotel in this area, most of them have buses to transport their employees so it shouldn't be too bad since lots of people live in Higuey and they could give you a hand figuring the route out. As for applying through the internet, I wouldn't really recommend it. The internet is just starting to be used as it should down here. I would recommend you call the hotels you're interested in, get the human resources department's email address and send your CV that way.

As for a job in Cap Cana, there isn't much yet over there. Maybe by the time they open the hotel and the plazas ect. there'll be many jobs but not for now...

Good luck!!

:)Thank you Kate I will get a list of hotels and call their human resource department hopefully I run by some luck. I wish things could be easier and not so complex.

Jay

gringagirly

Mar 7, 2005
It's only just begun!!

I dont mean to sound sarcastic but get used to things being difficult...you most likely"ain't seen nothin yet!!" Stay safe....................

Jay06

Aug 19, 2005
gringagirly said:
I dont mean to sound sarcastic but get used to things being difficult...you most likely"ain't seen nothin yet!!" Stay safe....................

:eek:
Is it that bad here? I mean I know that things are not going to be the same as the US but how behind can this country be? But thank you any ways for the alert.

gringagirly

Mar 7, 2005
8 months in Higuey and you dont get it?

Something is not right here.....you have been living in the armpit of the world(Higuey) and are still wondering if its that far behind the u.s.?????
by the way, the bus you mention (public) goes past first Barcelo, then Villas Bavarro Beach, then Melia Tropical,then Ocean Blue Spa, then Fiesta, and once it hits the crossroad to Friusa you can walk a few minutes to Flamingo, Princess, and Paradisus. The other hotels past Paradisus use a moto concho

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Your best bet would be to find an apartment in Bavaro and start mingling around, meeting people. If you speak Spanish and English fluently, and you already have a place to stay, there are hotels/real estate companies, restaurants, etc that would probably hire you (since they will save on salaries and benefits compared to bringing someone in). But you will have to meet some people first, make some contacts. This would require you living there for a few months first.

Jay06

Aug 19, 2005
Conchman said:
Your best bet would be to find an apartment in Bavaro and start mingling around, meeting people. If you speak Spanish and English fluently, and you already have a place to stay, there are hotels/real estate companies, restaurants, etc that would probably hire you (since they will save on salaries and benefits compared to bringing someone in). But you will have to meet some people first, make some contacts. This would require you living there for a few months first.

Thanks for the advice

Jay06

Aug 19, 2005
Eddyx said:
hi!

I'll recomend you to use these websites to look for a job

www.aldaba.com
www.infoempleos.net

Maybe you can find a good position with your knowledge and background.

My regards

Eddy I want to thank you. I was wondering if there was any work sites available and you have just answered my question. I hope I can find something good. Once again thank you for your help. ;)

Jay

tazboardergirl

Aug 5, 2006
time share jobs

hello, i'm scheduled to arrive end of nov. I was hired thru goabroad at the Cayenna beach resort, selling time shares. Now i've lived in italy almost 4 years, and i want to learn spanish now. the thing is, i've never sold time shares, i hear its getting to be really popular. Has anyone done it, and from the same hotel that i'm suppose to go to? I need your true thoughts. I want to know if i'm wasting my time, tho they tell me i'm going to make lots of money. I do have paid training and housing/food for 6 weeks, then i'm on my own. what cha think?
michelle:cool:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi Michelle,

Nothing personal...

but most of the people I know (who frequent AI resorts) refer to timeshare or vacation club sales people as "timeshare vultures" and resent immensely the intrusion on their vacation time. You draw your own conclusions. Some make good money but they are few and far between, IMHO.

Good luck and have a great six weeks.

Gregg

bobmac

Oct 11, 2008
have friend in the buss.mexico,they are top direct sales people,they are making 100.000 up,leaving next weekend to look at D.R for place to work.have been D.R. 5 times north coast this yr. love it,cheaking out puna cana,for every one that makes good money,there are 20 that fall on there face good luck

shellygirl327

Jun 18, 2004
Michelle - I have sold timeshare here and although you can make $$ like Bob said for every one that makes good money, there are 20 that fall on their face. It is not an easy business and you have to prepare yourself for some months of the year that you will not make money since the timeshare positions here are commission based only unless you have some type of management position. In addition, if you are looking to go into timeshare in Punta Cana, I recommend Melia not Cayena. And unless you have timeshare experience, do not let them lead you to believe that you will make tons of money or as they say in the business "don't let them sell you timeshare"! LOL

Last edited:

shellygirl327

Jun 18, 2004
Okay I tried editing because I just realized that the original post was from 2005! But I went over the 10 minute alloted time. Duh!

shellygirl327

Jun 18, 2004
In my defense I was just looking at the recently posted items. I didn't realize the original date! LOL.

P.S. Stop stalking me!!