mysterious island on google earth

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
i was view google earth (satellite view of earth) and noticed an island east of d.r. west of p.r.(between the 2 duh) everyone on google earth message board is stumped. anyone please help. also download the program its free and intresting. It could use more info on d.r. and its intresting places.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
kapitan75 said:
i was view google earth (satellite view of earth) and noticed an island east of d.r. west of p.r.(between the 2 duh) everyone on google earth message board is stumped. anyone please help. also download the program its free and intresting. It could use more info on d.r. and its intresting places.

This island is called "Isla de la Mona".
Sometimes the "boat people" are dropped off there in the believe they are in Puerto Rico.
Nothing interesting there.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Moon Island

It has probably been mentioned before in this forum, but the name Isla La Mona has nothing to do with monkeys (mono(a)s). Actually, 'mona' is the Ta?no language expression for 'moon'.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Mirador said:
It has probably been mentioned before in this forum, but the name Isla La Mona has nothing to do with monkeys (mono(a)s). Actually, 'mona' is the Ta?no language expression for 'moon'.

Mirador. Doesn't Robert have "steak" in that island? I heard he owns half of it.

Scandall

May 31, 2005
Mirador said:
Is that true for el canal de la mona as well?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Scandall said:
Mirador. Doesn't Robert have "steak" in that island? I heard he owns half of it.

Scandall

Scandall (et al) please bare with me, I'm not a native speaker (Spanish being my maternal language). What I meant to say was that Rocky's steaks were as good as his ribs. I can attest to this. And if Marco decides to go public with Rocky's, I would be personally interested in acquiring stock (and I don't mean beef stock).

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Mirador said:
Scandall (et al) please bare with me, I'm not a native speaker (Spanish being my maternal language). What I meant to say was that Rocky's steaks were as good as his ribs. I can attest to this. And if Marco decides to go public with Rocky's, I would be personally interested in acquiring stock (and I don't mean beef stock).

I was just "ribbing" you.

Scandall

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
back to question please.

any one intrested in view and post of google earth. its a free download and has a forum similiar to this. would like to see some info from forum members. ;)