3 Haitians Burned Alive!!!!!!!!!!

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
There is news that 3 Haitains youths in their 20's were beaten then later set on fire in Santo Domingo(Mirador del Oeste) by several dominican thugs. The alleged criminals are still at large while the family of these young boys are grieving...

Does anyone have any info regarding this tragedy or heard anything about this?

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Quisqueya said:
I gosh...

Thank you so much Anna..

The worse thing is the hoodlums are still out there..

What kind of psycho would commit such a horrendous crime...

I know, unbelievable. :cry:

From what I can gather from my limilted Spanish, one boy has died and the other two are in serious condition. A fourth boy got away.

Apr 26, 2002
Powder Keg

The whole situation of Haitians in the DR is a powder keg. Haitians are being blamed for a host of problems. Of course, there is SOME truth in the panic. Haitians are partially responsible for the increase in crime. Localized pogroms are a real possibility. I don't even think the government would object were it not for the fear of international condemnation.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Porfio Rubirosa,

The situation is getting intense there but usually things like that never happen or I never heard of it..specially not in the capitol.

I just got off the phone with a family member in S.D. and they haven't heard about it..Anyway, what's being done to hunt down these criminals. I think leaving these criminals in the streets are contributing to this increase crime wave you've mentioned in your post...

I am shaking my head and can't believe this even took place...what's next? Never mind, I'm afraid to ask...

Porfio_Rubirosa said:
The whole situation of Haitians in the DR is a powder keg. Haitians are being blamed for a host of problems. Of course, there is SOME truth in the panic. Haitians are partially responsible for the increase in crime. Localized pogroms are a real possibility. I don't even think the government would object were it not for the fear of international condemnation.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
It's going to get worse! Since there are no solutions at both sides of the table, Haiti & DR, more Haitians will come across the border and more Dominicans will become hostile towards the Haitians and both countries will continue to suffer. This article will eventually make it to the US press, since the US press love to hear anything negative coming from the DR vs Haiti "soap opera"

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Ricardo9000

I doubt it...BEsides, it wouldn't solve anything down there...I am so shocked that people can be so hateful...what was the basis of this evil act...

I hope this doesn't start a wave of crime between the two..These thugs should be sought after and charged with this horrific crime....b4 haitians seek revenge on their own and cause that keg to burst.....

May God bless these people haitians and dominicans....

Re
Ricardo900 said:
It's going to get worse! Since there are no solutions at both sides of the table, Haiti & DR, more Haitians will come across the border and more Dominicans will become hostile towards the Haitians and both countries will continue to suffer. This article will eventually make it to the US press, since the US press love to hear anything negative coming from the DR vs Haiti "soap opera"

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Ricardo900 said:
This article will eventually make it to the US press, since the US press love to hear anything negative coming from the DR vs Haiti "soap opera"

You couldn't be farther off the mark. Mainstream US thinks the DR and Haiti are the same, not against each other. The ignorance is overwhelming. Just this morning I was watching the weather-woman on cable news talking about the high pressure front to the north of the island of "Hespa?a". The soap opera you mention is non-existent. That would require a little knowledge of the island.

Scandall

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Scandall said:
You couldn't be farther off the mark. Mainstream US thinks the DR and Haiti are the same, not against each other. The ignorance is overwhelming. Just this morning I was watching the weather-woman on cable news talking about the high pressure front to the north of the island of "Hespa?a". The soap opera you mention is non-existent. That would require a little knowledge of the island.

Scandall
I am sorry but US "mainstream" knows the difference, the press was all over the incidents in Monte Cristi and the deportation of 3,000 Haitians.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Ricardo900 said:
I am sorry but US "mainstream" knows the difference, the press was all over the incidents in Monte Cristi and the deportation of 3,000 Haitians.

I wish you were right but the truth remains that while the average American can tell you exactly where Natalie Holloway spent every minute of her Aruba vacation (thanks to Greta Van Sestern, Larry King etc.), most cannot find the DR on a map.

I follow the US mainstream press (print, radio and TV) very closely. The last thing I saw mentioned was when 3,000 died from the rainfalls in Jimani. It resulted in people calling me in Santo Domingo to "see if I was all right". And these were not stupid people.

Scandall

Edited to include: I forgot to mention the prison fire that killed a few hundred. That made the national news in the US too. But not much else gets through except in areas with large Dominican populations.

Apr 26, 2002
Put me on the side of the people who think that the US media WOULD cover any action against the Haitians. First, the US media loves anything racial (nevermind that this would be an action by dark skinned people against darker skinned people). Secondly, the international NGOs would see an opportunity to make hay with the media and get their names in the papers. Thirdly, those same NGOs, as well as North American and European governments, are always willing to use moral leverage to get what they want. Finally, the DR is closer than Darfur.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Scandall said:
You couldn't be farther off the mark. Mainstream US thinks the DR and Haiti are the same, not against each other. The ignorance is overwhelming.
I agree.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
Put me on the side of the people who think that the US media WOULD cover any action against the Haitians. First, the US media loves anything racial (nevermind that this would be an action by dark skinned people against darker skinned people). Secondly, the international NGOs would see an opportunity to make hay with the media and get their names in the papers. Thirdly, those same NGOs, as well as North American and European governments, are always willing to use moral leverage to get what they want. Finally, the DR is closer than Darfur.

I hope they do cover it. I hope it's on the front friggin' page of every page and heads every newscast. I just don't think it will be.

I hope I'm wrong. Jeeze...I'm ususlly the one defending the US but in this case I don't think anyone will care. It's a horrible thing either way.

This past weekend there was huge news all over the world including the Israeli evacuation of the Gaza Strip since the war of 1967. Guess what else was right up there? Madonna falling off her horse in the English countryside.

Scandall

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Quisqueya said:
There is news that 3 Haitains youths in their 20's were beaten then later set on fire in Santo Domingo(Mirador del Oeste) by several dominican thugs. The alleged criminals are still at large while the family of these young boys are grieving...

Does anyone have any info regarding this tragedy or heard anything about this?
Quisqueya,

Haitians have always been target of crimes, just like everybody else who has been a target.

However, since the Monte Cristi incidence, there have been increasing reports of harrassment towards Haitians.

Many gangs are becoming more anti-Haitian. This is troublesome, because the last thing we want here is a KKK type of organization that harrasses Haitians, but as the current wave of Haitian migrants to this country continues and its a very visible wave, I suppose these attacks will simply continue to occur.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Barbaric behavior

I just read the article and it leaves me speechless to think that in 2005 crimes against humanity still occur and most likely will go unpunished. It will be interesting to see if this barbaric crime will force both governments to act and look at the problem from a different angle. Regardless of how the government attempts to analyze this type of crime (and any more of its nature) it surely will have repercussions on the DR.

LDG.

Last edited:

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Lesley D said:
I just read the article and it leaves me speechless to think that in 2005 hate crimes still occur and most likely will go unpunished. It will be interesting to see if this barbaric crime will force both governments to act and look at the problem from a different angle. Regardless of how the government attempts to analyze this type of crime (and any more of its nature) it surely will have repercussions on the DR.
LDG.

"Hate crime"? Sorry, I don't mean to change the subject but that term makes no sense. Anything like this is always a "hate crime". If Dominicans did it to Dominicans or Norwegians did it to Norwegians it would be just as bad a Dominicans on Haitians or Blacks on whites. Why would it be more "hateful" when done to people from another country? When Dominicans rip off tourists are those "hate crimes"?

Crime is crime. The people who did it are animals who need to be exterminated. "Hate crime" is a term (followed by legislation) that was born in the Clinton years...a bastion of political correctness. Most of us moved here to get away from it (not Clinton....the PC that came about under his watch).

I am not trying to insult you. The term is used a lot but I find it strange. Kind of like "reverse descrimination". That insinuates that the only true descrimination is white on "other".

Ok. I'll shut up now.

Suffice it to say that we are all on the same page. This is a tragedy. And should not go unpunished.

Scandall
"Team America: World Police"

Tuan

Aug 28, 2004
Racist evil acts vs. tragedy.

We are increasingly accosted by the offenisve use of the word TRAGEDY, as when your spouse dies in a traffic accident, used to describe what fiendishly cruel humans commit in today's terroristic world.

Please, folks, don't call the immolation of Haitians by racist cutthroats anything but what it is: a shockingly vile crime, murder, foul butchery, feril brutality, EVIL -- but never associate the devils that did this with that which befalls people accidentally in a tragedy. Space shuttle Columbia had a tragedy. The mothers of these Haitian boys had tradgedies. But these boys were the vicims of murderous bastards perpetrating a sadistic, evil act for racist reasons.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Scandall,

I see your point. No need to go on further. Indeed it is a crime and it's a shame.

Maybe the term is incorrect but I think there is an underlying motive....

LDG.

Scandall said:
"Hate crime"? Sorry, I don't mean to change the subject but that term makes no sense.

Last edited:

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Tuan said:
We are increasingly accosted by the offenisve use of the word TRAGEDY, as when your spouse dies in a traffic accident, used to describe what fiendishly cruel humans commit in today's terroristic world.

Please, folks, don't call the immolation of Haitians by racist cutthroats anything but what it is: a shockingly vile crime, murder, foul butchery, feril brutality, EVIL -- but never associate the devils that did this with that which befalls people accidentally in a tragedy. Space shuttle Columbia had a tragedy. The mothers of these Haitian boys had tradgedies. But these boys were the vicims of murderous bastards perpetrating a sadistic, evil act for racist reasons.

You're right. It's a "tragedy" that such evil, useless, good-for-nothing scum is permitted to walk the earth.

Scandall