Older Men / Younger Women

stock

Aug 2, 2005
I am posting this question as a result of comments made in a previous thread.

It only makes sense to me that if a Dominican woman (or any women) who are independent, intelligent and self sufficient would have no desire to be with a man her age or near her age, (unless she wants a tight body to play with) This concept goes back hundreds of years and (even today in Europe as an example) women in their 20s will marry men in there early 40s, it only makes sense?.......I AM NOT BY ANY MEANS SAYING THAT 40 year old men shouldn't date women their age, my point is (and I lead by example, 90% of the girls I have dated have been HALF my age) the relationship tends to be more generous, insightful, romantic and basically more fulfilling than with a younger guy...

Any comments?

Stock

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
stock said:
I(and I lead by example, 90% of the girls I have dated have been HALF my age) the relationship tends to be more generous, insightful, romantic and basically more fulfilling than with a younger guy...

Any comments?

Stock

So when you were in your 20s you were dating .... :eek:

May 31, 2005
I am only going to base it on personal experience. I used to want to date men that were my age or a couple of years older. Now I find myself attracted to men that are older than me by 7 - 12 years. I don't know why. Maybe we go through these stages.

stock

Aug 2, 2005
Older men / Younger women

When I was 20 I dated older girls, we are in an era now that a man is not ready for a real commitment until they are in their 30s, Statistics show this.

By your previous posts Dragonfly, you are 22 and well on your way to being "successful" with your own goals and acheivements, therefore you hunger for things other than...what the masses want...when I was 20 and all my friends were busy "hooking up their systems in their cars, hanging out and day dreaming about how much money they were gonna make in the future" I was already do it and hanging around people much older than me...Women develope faster then men (AND A WOMAN KNOWS IN THE FIRST TEN MINUTES WHAT SHE IS GOING TO DO WITH A GUY SHE JUST MET) again, it's not a stage is the way it's suppose to work.....

Stock

Dragonfly32837 said:
I am only going to base it on personal experience. I used to want to date men that were my age or a couple of years older. Now I find myself attracted to men that are older than me by 7 - 12 years. I don't know why. Maybe we go through these stages.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Dragonfly32837 said:
Someone once explained to me the "Rule of 7". In order for a man to find the optimal age of a woman to date, the man should take his age, divide by two, and add seven:

So, when you're 12, the perfect age for a woman would be 13.
When you're 16, 15
When you're 20, 17
When you're 30, 22
When you're 40, 27
When you're 60, 37

Assuming this math also works for a woman, and since you are looking for a man 7-12 years older than you, my guess is you are about 21-25 years old.:)

Last edited:

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Interesting topic

This is indeed an interesting topic. Amazing that when a person would say that they are dating/married to a woman/man half their age they would be criticized for "robbing the cradle". Yet, they will say you are a "gold digger" if you are dating/married to a woman/man much older. Go figure! Do what you feel is right and screw what everyone says or thinks!

stock

Aug 2, 2005
Hey Hollywood good point,

Yeah I suppose there should be a cut off age/point, OK, let's do this..for men and women when you get to ..Hummm, 45ish start dating younger instead of older...WHAT A GREAT CONCEPT, this way it benifits both old and young, Men & Women...

;-)

hollywood north said:
So does that mean I am supposed to be looking for a 60 yr old dude? No thanks.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
hollywood north said:

Think of the bright side - it is relaxing when he falls asleep part way through doing it.

Jozee74

Sep 3, 2004
Well all I can say is that I am 30 years old and my fiance is 37.....I find him so boring, he acts like hes 60. I cant even imagine myself with anyone over 40. let alone mid 50's. ;)

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
hollywood north said:

C'mon now ... haven't you looked at Sean Connery or Sam Elliot lately?
Men seem to get better with age, more distinguished in appearance and us women just get ... old. It sucks. ;)

stock

Aug 2, 2005
You can't make that generalazation, I'm 41 and I do more things and go to more places than people younger than me...so THAT fact isn't going to stand...

Next....

Jozee74 said:
Well all I can say is that I am 30 years old and my fiance is 37.....I find him so boring, he acts like hes 60. I cant even imagine myself with anyone over 40. let alone mid 50's. ;)

sunshine_79

Jun 1, 2005
ricktoronto said:
Thanks Ed, interesting methodology and it turns out I am 26 again.

26?? Aren't you just celebrating anniversaries of your 18th year like I am? At this rate I will be 18 forever. :D

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Jozee74 said:
Did you just dis your boyfriend on this public forum???
It appears that you have appoximately 3 years left, 40-37=3 :laugh: :laugh:

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Jozee74 said:

Or maybe you find your fiance boring because he is a boring guy not because he is 37.

sunshine_79

Jun 1, 2005
In all seriousness, my mum married my adoptive father when I was 5. She was 23 at the time and he was 46. 21 wonderful years later, they still act like two love crossed high school sweethearts. It's really cute. Age aint nothing but a number.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
stock said:
You can't make that generalazation, I'm 41 and I do more things and go to more places than people younger than me...so THAT fact isn't going to stand...

Next....
You see Jozee, now you hurt stock's feelings, talk like that will not get you invited to his soiree in NYC :laugh: