Another Lawyer recommendation

Ebony

Dec 4, 2004
Hi,

I wondered if anyone has heard of the lawyer Angel Diaz?

I have had him recommended to me but have had trouble with lawyers in the past and am wary of any new lawyer.

Has anyone heard of this man?
Can he be trusted?
Is he a good lawyer?

Any information would be great.

Thank you

Ebony

Dec 4, 2004
North Coast

Angel Diaz operates on the North Coast. He has an office in Cofresi but I understand he works around the Puerto Plata/Sosua/Cabarete area.

Any information about him is welcomed.

Last edited:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Nope, not heard that name here in POP at least.

Why not go with the well known ones to be sure?
I.e Fabio Guzman, Graciela Fermin and others..

Boricuajoe

Dec 30, 2004
Be very wary of lawyers who do not have some following, if they don't have satisfied customers who can vouch for their work you are asking for trouble. They will disappear on you after you pay your fees and chasing them down can be problematic. Get one with a history which you can verify and get all their info (cedula, address, phone, how long the've been practicing, where they went to school, where they can be found 24/7) If they tell ask you why you ask...they are not the lawyer for you.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Boricuajoe said:
Be very wary of lawyers who do not have some following, if they don't have satisfied customers who can vouch for their work you are asking for trouble. They will disappear on you after you pay your fees and chasing them down can be problematic. Get one with a history which you can verify and get all their info (cedula, address, phone, how long the've been practicing, where they went to school, where they can be found 24/7) If they tell ask you why you ask...they are not the lawyer for you.
Good advice!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I strongly agree with those who urge "go slow" in picking a lawyer. I know several expats who have paid a lot of money and gotten nothing to show for it.

When you get recommendations, you should know the person making it, know that he has a basis for making it, and have confidence that his criteria for evaluation are the same as yours.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
I would recommend Graciela on the North Coast - her office is in Puerto Plata. She did a great job for me with property and a business dispute.

ace

Apr 11, 2004
Boricuajoe said:
Well I have one of those famous lawyers that everyone trust on here and it's a joke. I paid him $1,200 for my corporation and wired him $5,000 for my deposit over 35 days ago. No return e-mails , no return phone calls, screwed my hole deal up. Said the owner excepted my offer and now to find out the owner never received it.Thank God for my realtor who has worked very hard to save this deal. So even the "FAMOUS" one's will screw you!

asterix

Jun 22, 2005
I guess it sometimes pays to hire the best ones among the "FAMOUS", not just plain "FAMOUS" . The DR being the DR, and "business as usual" getting farther from usual each time around, you shouldn't have settled for less than the best:rambo: