Sanchez?

ronks

Aug 13, 2003
Good people,

does anyone have any experience staying in Sanchez on the Semana Penninsula. I cannot afford more than $20 to $25 per night for accommodations, and most of the listings that I have read for Las Terrenas and Samana begin around $40 low season. I don't need a condo on the beach or airconditioning. What I do need is a modest, clean room with hot water bath, t.v. and electricity 24/7 that is both secure and quiet and at the very least has mosquito netting on the windows. It seems like there must be more modest accommodations available in these towns but those would not be the ones that advertise or have beachfronts. I can always walk to the beach. Sanchez stikes me as being a more modest Dominican town. Does anyone have suggestions in this area knowing my budget limitations. One other important necessity is that I am allowed to have Dominican guests (women) without being judged or hassled. Thanks again.

Ron

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Sanchez is basically a small Dominican town. Not a tourist destination. Prices for gringos would be less than in a tourist town. I think you can find a room, not sure about 24/7 electricity if you want a rock bottom price since the low priced rooms probably most rented by Dominicans who are aware if the electricity situation. Also, tv if there is one likely to have national channels, not cable tv.

Re beaches, no decent beaches to walk to in Sanchez. None in the town of Samana, either.

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
Look a little more in Las Terrenas. The last couple winters have not been the best, tourist wise. You can easily find a room for 20US, even less in the summer. K