Real Estate and Corporate Structure

Dapo

Aug 25, 2005
Hello all,

I would like to solicit your expertise on the best way to structure the purchase of land in the Dominican Republic. Is it better to create an offshore company say in Panama in order to avoid capital gain and income tax ? What is the typical way foreigners go about purchasing the land and developing a project (villas and apartments f.e.)

Thanks ! D

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Dapo said:
Hello all,

I would like to solicit your expertise on the best way to structure the purchase of land in the Dominican Republic. Is it better to create an offshore company say in Panama in order to avoid capital gain and income tax ? What is the typical way foreigners go about purchasing the land and developing a project (villas and apartments f.e.)

Thanks ! D
Are you talking about avoiding Dominican tax or US tax?

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
Are you from the U.S.

Are you from the U.S. or.......? How big a lot are you looking to purchase? Is it for commercial or personl use? There are a number of questions to be abswered. As far as financing the purchase, there are a number of options if you have property in the U.S., resident or not. Due to these options, yoiu m ay be able to write off the property, and take the tax deductions. I would be glad to discuss your options.

JRR

Pearl1

Aug 29, 2005
Dapo said:
Hello all,

Thanks ! D

Hi D(/QUOTE),
I found the following ebook very informative with regards to your above question. You can get the info at www.escapeartist.com and look for the book "The Dominican Report" by John Schroder I found the lawyer Guido Perdomo in Sosua very professional and the builder Peter Folhman from HVB S.A. Inmobiliaria & Constructora most reputable both have bios on their websites FYI Good Luck
Pearl1

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Pearl1 said:
Hi D(/QUOTE),
I found the following ebook very informative with regards to your above question. You can get the info at www.escapeartist.com and look for the book "The Dominican Report" by John Schroder I found the lawyer Guido Perdomo in Sosua very professional and the builder Peter Folhman from HVB S.A. Inmobiliaria & Constructora most reputable both have bios on their websites FYI Good Luck
Pearl1
I have seen some questionable info on Escapeartist.com. For instance I believe they charge 500 US to open a bank account when it costs nothing to do it yourself.

Peter and Guido are good people and I have had good dealings with both.

Escott