Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default motoconcho experiences

Just read Planners blog (which was great by the way) and there was a photo of a motoconcho carrying a dish washer.It got me to wondering about what's the most outrageous thing anyone has seen on DR roads.
    The best one I've seen was a black mini truck with no doors no fenders carrying about 3 people in the cab and 6 in the bed with no tailgate.

Rest in peace Amigo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just a few off the web.

Five on a moto – no helmets.

http://laromana.com/mambo/images/stories/motoconcho.jpg

Chickens on a moto – no helmets (no I’m not talking about the chickens).

http://www.bocachicabeach.net/images...motoconcho.jpg

Three adults on a moto – no helmets.

http://sylvain.saustier.free.fr/PORT...CE/RDOM016.JPG

Gregg

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hifi, glad you like my blog.

The worst for me, I have no photo, is when I see women on a motoconcho with tiny tiny babies!!!!! NOt only do they not stand a chance in an accident, but they are inhaling all those toxic fumes! IT is horrible. I cannot stand to think of what might happen to these little ones.

I made the 300,000th post!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by planner
    Thanks Hifi, glad you like my blog.

The worst for me, I have no photo, is when I see women on a motoconcho with tiny tiny babies!!!!! NOt only do they not stand a chance in an accident, but they are inhaling all those toxic fumes! IT is horrible. I cannot stand to think of what might happen to these little ones.

No kidding. It makes me ill to see this as well. I've seen some women who have two or three babies hanging off of them and it breaks my heart.

Here is a new one...

Two motoconchos driving down the road at the exact same speed. The drivers have a huge ladder stretched across the two bikes. I've also seen a washing machine as well but I guess large appliances being hauled are pretty commonplace.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a concho but one of those biciycles that have 2 wheels on the front. . . . .hmmm. . . .I guess that would make it a tricycle. . . . .

http://www.dr-tourist.tv/photogaller...up&cat=0&pos=6

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

NOw that is funny!!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

a long time ago, there was a sad news about a montoconcho, a mother and her 3 children were electrocuted. The montoconcho picked up a live wire to move it out of his way. This happened in San Cristobal.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

For those of you familiar with the capital city, on Nuñez de Cáceres Avenue, approaching at 80 kph the curving tunnel under the park, encountering almost stopped half-way the totally dark tunnel, a horse-drawn cart full of oranges.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. . . .my buddy had an accident with a horse drawn cart right near there maybe 5 -6 years ago. . . .

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default i have an interesting motoconcho experience...

but i dont think i can really share it here LOL. It still makes me smile tho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast