motoconcho experiences

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
Just read Planners blog (which was great by the way) and there was a photo of a motoconcho carrying a dish washer.It got me to wondering about what's the most outrageous thing anyone has seen on DR roads.
The best one I've seen was a black mini truck with no doors no fenders carrying about 3 people in the cab and 6 in the bed with no tailgate.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Thanks Hifi, glad you like my blog.

The worst for me, I have no photo, is when I see women on a motoconcho with tiny tiny babies!!!!! NOt only do they not stand a chance in an accident, but they are inhaling all those toxic fumes! IT is horrible. I cannot stand to think of what might happen to these little ones.

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
planner said:
Thanks Hifi, glad you like my blog.

The worst for me, I have no photo, is when I see women on a motoconcho with tiny tiny babies!!!!! NOt only do they not stand a chance in an accident, but they are inhaling all those toxic fumes! IT is horrible. I cannot stand to think of what might happen to these little ones.

No kidding. It makes me ill to see this as well. I've seen some women who have two or three babies hanging off of them and it breaks my heart.

Here is a new one...

Two motoconchos driving down the road at the exact same speed. The drivers have a huge ladder stretched across the two bikes. I've also seen a washing machine as well but I guess large appliances being hauled are pretty commonplace.

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
a long time ago, there was a sad news about a montoconcho, a mother and her 3 children were electrocuted. The montoconcho picked up a live wire to move it out of his way. This happened in San Cristobal.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
For those of you familiar with the capital city, on Nu?ez de C?ceres Avenue, approaching at 80 kph the curving tunnel under the park, encountering almost stopped half-way the totally dark tunnel, a horse-drawn cart full of oranges.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i have an interesting motoconcho experience...

but i dont think i can really share it here LOL. It still makes me smile tho :bandit: