Clothes to fit " El Gordo"

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Living on the North Coast I find it hard to find men's clothes, particularly jeans, in sizes over 42. I see plenty of Dominican men my size, they must buy their clothes somewhere. Every store they send me to is the same story, size 38 and smaller. This place sure needs a Big (fat) and Tall store.
Any suggestions on the North Coast. (I've already tried Casa Nelson and Jimenez in POP).

magoo

Jan 13, 2005
Hilda Plus is a store for plus sizes only, both clothes and shoes. There is one in Santiago. I do not know the address or phone number there, but in Santo Domingo the number is 809-683-0644. They can inform you.

fortywater

May 4, 2005
HOWMAR said:
Living on the North Coast I find it hard to find men's clothes, particularly jeans, in sizes over 42. I see plenty of Dominican men my size, they must buy their clothes somewhere. Every store they send me to is the same story, size 38 and smaller. This place sure needs a Big (fat) and Tall store.
Any suggestions on the North Coast. (I've already tried Casa Nelson and Jimenez in POP).

Have you tried to get them made by a tailor? That might be your best bet and it won't cost you an arm and a leg like in the states.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Get All My Clothes From JC Penny,Big& Tall" !

Just log on to <jcpenny.com>

Click on "Men's",......then "Big&Tall",or "Big Regular",which ever suits you.
Try the "on line specials",and all the other "specials" too.You use your credit card,and ship it to "EPS"(My choice!) or any other "forwarding company".
I went to "Hilda's here in SD on 27 de Feb. Not impressed! Prices high,quality low!

I L-O-V-E "Pennys".I buy "baby Clothes",childrens clothes,"Wife's clothes/shoes, shoes,toys,video games etc! Shipping costs are per lb."Aduana" is usually only a few hundred pesos,no matter what I order!Takes about 7 to 10 days.

I advocate the use of internet sites to buy almost anything from the USA! "CVS.com" ,drugstore is great!.If you are not sure of the company's site,just search,"Company Name.com."
"Walmart.com,Target.com,etc!
I bought a "DiLongi" icecream maker for $30 US,makes good icecream,and the kids & family "Hover" until it is done!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might visit

El Retal in the Gurabito section of Santiago. Down by the ball park on the main drag in front of the ESSO station.

The sell stuff left over from the free zones. And they do have stuff in the 40s and occasionally in the 50s + XXL and sometimes XXXL polo shirts and shirts.

HB :D:D

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
fortywater said:
Have you tried to get them made by a tailor? That might be your best bet and it won't cost you an arm and a leg like in the states.

There are between 100 to 150 currently unemployed tailors in and around the central market in Azua. Some of the old-timers are better than excellent. They just sit around their old sewing machines waiting for jobs, and most of them are now working for food. You can take them the fabric and a model of what you want done. Recently I had a duplicate jacket (designed and tailored by Hipolito?s in the capital) made for only 350 pesos plus fabric, and it came out better than the original. Another time, a sleeve of my silk shirt was ripped and one of the tailors fixed it perfectly while I waited shirtless by the sidewalk.