American Airlines - 15,000 miles - No Fee for one year

billydesmond

Aug 20, 2005
If you go to the following site, you will see an ad for 15,000 miles if you sign up for Citicards Platinum. There is no fee the first year. Note that this card offers quarterly reduced mileage awards, for instance, in the current quarter you can get a ticket to SDQ, POP, or LRM for only 17,500 miles. In the next quarter, Oct - Dec there are no deals to DR, but plenty to South America for 22,500 miles. Typically they have some type of reduced award to DR, but usually not the last quarter of the year.

http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/cardserv/worldcard/index.jsp

Jun 5, 2004
audboogie said:
can u get the card for one year and then cancel it and keep the 15,000 miles?

Actually I have a friend that has the card and they charge you before hand meaning on the first billing cycle to last you out for the whole year ie: you sign up now they will charge u on october 05 for membership until october 06 they know how to do their thing.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
apdomini100max said:
Actually I have a friend that has the card and they charge you before hand meaning on the first billing cycle to last you out for the whole year ie: you sign up now they will charge u on october 05 for membership until october 06 they know how to do their thing.
I don't understand what you are trying to say. The offer says "No annual fee for 12 months". What happens if you get the card, make a charge, pay the charge, get your credit for 15,000 miles (8-10 weeks after the first charge), then cancel the card. How can they charge you the annual fee?

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
rellosk said:
I don't understand what you are trying to say. The offer says "No annual fee for 12 months". What happens if you get the card, make a charge, pay the charge, get your credit for 15,000 miles (8-10 weeks after the first charge), then cancel the card. How can they charge you the annual fee?

He must still be checking on that question....

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
audboogie said:
can u get the card for one year and then cancel it and keep the 15,000 miles?
BTW, I just got the card. My intentions are to cancel it before the 12 months are up. I'll let you know how it goes.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
audboogie said:
He must still be checking on that question....

No he is just a moronic kid who types whatever he thinks of first, right or wrong, makes no difference.