Artificial Island or Government Enslaver?

Simbul

May 26, 2005
Dang!!!!!!! :eek:

Am I correct in just reading that the DR government has given "almost" complete autonomy to business promoters for the artificial island while setting up rules the government must comply by to touch the island and penalties to boot!!!

I am trying to think of any other nation that has allowed this in the present times. It is almost mind boggling. How can the President concede to a contract that diminishes his governments power in his own land??? How can he look visiting dignitaries in the eye?!? As a foreigner I may even enjoy some of the attractions that are set up, but has anyone heard any outcry from the citizens?

Any thoughts???

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The artificial island has a lot of opposition. The government has been selling it as something that will cost the country nothing. But the contract details published first by El Dia newspaper should raise eyebrows and more opposition.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
It would appear that

the negotiators for the Government were not learned in the Law, didn't understand what was written in the contract, got a hefty "bonus" ,then signed away the governments rights. Either all that, or the contract was substituted for another after signing.
Can anyone add more???

Texas Bill