USA Criminal Record ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
How do you find out if a Dominican has a criminal record in the US? I know a guy here in Sosua that someone told me had several rape charges against him in the US and I feel kinda funny talking to him/his wife ..... is there a way to find out for myself? I'd rather not ask him/her directly as I don't know them very well but I do see him often if/when I'm out at night so I'd like to be aware if there are any precautions that I need to take. Might sound a little paranoid but I'd feel better knowing.

Stay well,
Amy

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Probably the simplest way would be to contact a Private Investigator in the US. I imagine the search shouldn't cost more than $100US.

or you could try here for $40US (I've never used their service)

or you could try here for free. This would only work if he (or the system) did NOT change his address when he left the US. You also need to know the State in which he last lived. Also, the law that required sex offenders to register is relatively new, so if was let out of jail more than a couple of years ago, he may not show up.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
A picture is worth a 1000 words!

Heck, take a digital photo of the bastards, they might be fugitives! Then send the photo to a police source in the states.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Listen!

amy2761 said:
How do you find out if a Dominican has a criminal record in the US? I know a guy here in Sosua that someone told me had several rape charges against him in the US and I feel kinda funny talking to him/his wife ..... is there a way to find out for myself? I'd rather not ask him/her directly as I don't know them very well but I do see him often if/when I'm out at night so I'd like to be aware if there are any precautions that I need to take. Might sound a little paranoid but I'd feel better knowing.

Stay well,
Amy
Amy, diplomatically, ask her, not him, where in the US he lived.

Then, depending on the state, if he was convicted of any type of sexual misconduct, he needed to register as a sex offender at the local precint.

Then you can try your luck calling the precint to see if he was registered. It's public record.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
miguel said:
Amy, diplomatically, ask her, not him, where in the US he lived.

Then, depending on the state, if he was convicted of any type of sexual misconduct, he needed to register as a sex offender at the local precint.

Then you can try your luck calling the precint to see if he was registered. It's public record.

Miguel - sounds like the surest bet yet. Thanks.

Stay well,
Amy

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Don't forget!

amy2761 said:
Miguel - sounds like the surest bet yet. Thanks.

Stay well,
Amy
Just remember NOT to ask him, ask her. If in fact he did such things, those guys can be very paranoid and may wonder why you are asking. Just ask her and then change the subject right way.

Good luck!.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
miguel said:
Just remember NOT to ask him, ask her. If in fact he did such things, those guys can be very paranoid and may wonder why you are asking. Just ask her and then change the subject right way.

Good luck!.

Jeez - I hate being sneeky, but I really would feel better knowing for sure. Thanks again.

Stay well,
Amy

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
amy2761 said:
Jeez - I hate being sneeky, but I really would feel better knowing for sure. Thanks again.

Stay well,
Amy
amy...if you can..distance yourself from this couple..rape is a crime of violence...if this guy even got a inkling that you were inquiring about him..you'd be in for some long nights. also..keep in mind that over the years..thousands of dominicans have been deported fom the usa..every wednesday a plane lands in the dr with these people who have served their time in us prisons for various crimes..and part of the punishment is deportation. good luck

Last edited:

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
paddy said:
amy...if you can..distance yourself from this couple..rape is a crime of violence...if this guy even got a inkling that you were inquiring about him..you'd be in for some long nights. also..keep in mind that over the years..thousands of dominicans have been deported fom the usa..every wednesday a plane lands in the dr with these people who have served their time in us prisons for various crimes..and part of the punishment is deportation. good luck

Thanks for your input Paddy .... btw, where do these planes land every Wednesday?

Stay well,
Amy

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Amy~

Please be very careful. I especially worry about you because you also have a little girl.

Do you happen to know this guys full name and where he lived in the US? If so, send me a PM. A lot of my old army buddies have better jobs with the government now and are more than willing to help me out, if at all possible. I had some questions about someone I met here back in June and was able to find out the nitty gritty about this person's rap sheet which was, of course, 10 miles long. But like most people who have been imprisoned, he was "innocent". I think being innocent is the common link that all criminals share.

Stay on your toes with this guy, please.

sunshine_79

Jun 1, 2005
amy2761 said:
Thanks for your input Paddy .... btw, where do these planes land every Wednesday?

Stay well,
Amy

Judging by the usual crowd trolling about there, the landing site must be Central Park, right here in Puerto Plata

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
sunshine_79 said:
Judging by the usual crowd trolling about there, the landing site must be Central Park, right here in Puerto Plata

They land every Wednesday at Las Americas and are greeted by the DR authorities. They are then taken to HQ and documented. Supposedly they are to be tracked and the more violent offenders are to be checked in on, but I think we all know that this just doesn't happen. Until recent years they never even actually documented them when they returned. They just got off the plane and went back to the barrio. (yeah, yeah yeah I know they are not ALL from barrios but the overwhelming majority are....so save your stories about the one DDD from the royal family who got deported)

Scandall

sunshine_79

Jun 1, 2005
Scandall said:
They land every Wednesday at Las Americas and are greeted by the DR authorities. They are then taken to HQ and documented. Supposedly they are to be tracked and the more violent offenders are to be checked in on, but I think we all know that this just doesn't happen. Until recent years they never even actually documented them when they returned. They just got off the plane and went back to the barrio. (yeah, yeah yeah I know they are not ALL from barrios but the overwhelming majority are....so save your stories about the one DDD from the royal family who got deported)

Scandall

What??? You mean they're not all from the royal family? Gosh, I just thought the US government was being mean. ;)

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
sunshine_79 said:
What??? You mean they're not all from the royal family? Gosh, I just thought the US government was being mean. ;)

And just like you said before, Sunshine......They are ALL innocent. None of them ever did it.

Scandall

sunshine_79

Jun 1, 2005
Ricardo900 said:

The only problem with the registeries is the act of registration though. Remeber that poor little girl that got kidnapped and murdered a few months ago? Her name was Jessica and she was killed by someone who was "supposed" to register as a sex offender. I love my country but I wish the current administration would step it up a notch with all of the sexual predators, sickos, deviants, pedophiles, etc. I would suggest castration and an hour alone with the victim's family ... plus firearms and sharp objects. But some would say that is a bit Draconian.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
miguel said:

Not correct if the person was to be deported upon his release from prison or chose deportation as part of a plea agreement. The weekly flights into SD are dumping hundreds of released felons in the DR every month.
You can assume that any Dominican residing in the DR after living in the US for a period of time is either back with a comfortable pension or was deported. He certainly is not back for the robust Dominican job market.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
sunshine_79 said:
I thought you were always hiring at your company ;)
Why do you think US companies go offshore. Much easier to hire in a country with 20%+ unemployment.

Status
Not open for further replies.