Viva Airlines... Anyone??

Jun 5, 2004
Does anyone has any update of Viva Airlnines I was trying to look for their site but found out that they were all on sale. I thought that they were starting operations soon. But I guess not.

Apr 26, 2002
apdomini100max said:
Does anyone has any update of Viva Airlnines I was trying to look for their site but found out that they were all on sale. I thought that they were starting operations soon. But I guess not.
Yes, I would be gratified to update you on Viva.

Viva and its subsidiary EC Air are pleased to announce that they have begun significant active advancements in the planning phases of operations in line with its stated business plans of seeking synergy and paradigm shift within the Caribbean aviation area. To these ends, Viva announces that Mohammad Van Oeden Roberts has been selected to work with Viva's international air placement agencies and travel industry experts, along with ABC Bolivian Leasing, towards the setting in motion of an operational group to oversee the development of the planning, and promotion of the operational, stages of strong development.

This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Guacomole Act of 1933, as amended ("the Guacomole Act"), and as such, may involve risks and uncertainties but, without a doubt in this case, requires certified morons. Forward-looking statements which are based upon certain assumptions and describe future plans, strategies and expectations, are generally identifiable by the use of words as "believe", "expect", "intend", "anticipate", "project", or other similar expressions. These forward-looking statements relate to, among other things, future performance, and perceived opportunities in the market and statements regarding the Company's mission and vision. Be afrraid, be very, very afraid. The Company's actual results, performance and achievements may differ materially from the results, performance, and achievements expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements; but not in this case, since the statements don't actually say anything ever. Further information on potential factors that could affect Viva Paper Towels. is found in the Company's Form 10-K and other documents filed with the U. S. Stocks of Mass Destruction Commission.

If that sounds absurd, check out Viva's actual press releases, such as this gem:

MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 15, 2005--Viva International, Inc. (OTCBB:VIVI - News) announced today that its management had declared phase one of its airline development project in the Caribbean to have been completed and have set in motion a strategic plan to implement a major effort to capitalize on the market and service opportunities for its Eastern Caribbean Airlines subsidiary.

I don't know who's being sillier - the people who invested in this or the airplane jollies who think Viva is for real just because it has a Dominican flag in its logo.

dringa

Oct 17, 2004
a true update

here is a true update without all the b.s. put in by the rest of the want to be airline industry personnel

Viva represents ECAir a 135 operator from Puerto Rico and its sister company under the Viva logo. ECAir provides 4 flights from Isla Grande Int. Airport in San Juan to Herrera. These are currently charter flights operating for a tour operator in San Juan. ECAir will start providing J32 service in 2 weeks on the same route. ECAir plans to increase its frequencies upto 7 flights a week by mid Sept.

However much anyone else wants to reply to this - this is the truth - beleive it or not - and if in doubt - go to Herrera and check it out yourself.

Apr 26, 2002
Dringa,

I don't think anyone disagrees with you - about your description of Viva anyway. I just don't know how excited we're supposed to get about a supposed national flag airline hustling investors and chartering a 7 seat Kingair to fly occasionally between San Juan and Santo Domingo. The silly part isn't that Viva pretends to be an airline. Viva isn't the first nothing carrier to ply these skies and then disappear. The silly part is that it fashions itself as a marketable public company. The absurd part is that some people see it the same way.

Now isn't it interesting how personal you took my post - especially since your only two posts on this board have both been about --- not hard to guess --- Viva Airlines!

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
dringa said:
here is a true update without all the b.s. put in by the rest of the want to be airline industry personnel

Viva represents ECAir a 135 operator from Puerto Rico and its sister company under the Viva logo. ECAir provides 4 flights from Isla Grande Int. Airport in San Juan to Herrera. These are currently charter flights operating for a tour operator in San Juan. ECAir will start providing J32 service in 2 weeks on the same route. ECAir plans to increase its frequencies upto 7 flights a week by mid Sept.

However much anyone else wants to reply to this - this is the truth - beleive it or not - and if in doubt - go to Herrera and check it out yourself.

You'd have to be a silly monkey to waste money flying on this or worse, investing in this half-baked scheme.