Info needed for Constanza (La Vega Province)

solisdad2000

Aug 31, 2005
Hi.

In a while I'll be emigrating to live in Constanza, a permanent relocation :cool: from my United Kingdom home.

I'm desperate to find out some information on weather there. I've visited 4 times, for up to 6 weeks on one occassion, but never thought to get the information while there (doh!).

I need to know any (or ideally all) of the following:

Night time low temperature:
Day time humidity:
Night time humidity:

If you know even one of the answers, please do tell. Any replies greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

solisdad2000

Aug 31, 2005
Wrong stats (but thankyou anyway)

Ricktoronto

Yup - I agree, normally very good advise to try Google first - but I've been using Google since the day it launched it's alpha version - so I tried Google a long time before I posted this request for assistance (perhaps I could have helped by making that clear).

The website link you kindly offered (I appreciate both the effort and intent) gives two sets of data, average temperature and average precipitation.

Regrettably, average monthly temperature is for day time temperatures which I already knew and is no use to me.

Just as regrettably, annual precipitation is rainfall, which is not humidity and so is equally of no use to me.

I truly appreciate your willingness to offer help but I don't think the data is on the web - I have spent many an hour looking for it.

As to being chilly, at Christmas time in Constanza even we Brits need a coat in the day time!

Still seeking those stats if anyone can help.

Cheers

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You could infer humidity from how rainy it is. Maybe e-mail the ministry of the environment in the DR and ask for their weather station stats - doubtlessly this area would have something collecting data. Hopefuly there is a hygrometer and a min/max thermometer they use to record these details.

solisdad2000

Aug 31, 2005
Infer?

Rictoronto in realtime eh? Impressive response time!

Yes, I can attempt to infer humidity but it's not really accurate enough for my needs, though the point was worth making. Constanza is where the rain falls in Dominica - most of the rest of the country appears to be dry enough to be designated as a desert! So it is humid. But I need to know if it's 40% or more (on average) all year, day and night.

A last resort will be to ask the Dominican authorities. Getting a response is likely to take some considerable time!!!

I doubt anyone reading this is an orchid grower but if anyone knows any who are in Constanza (not too likely), they'd probably know the humidity and night temperatures. Or maybe someone knows somebody in Constanza with a hygrometer and a min/max thermometer? (even less likely!).

Now, who do I know in the right Dominicana Ministry?

Once again - thanks.