Sosua beach to open at night

newyorksharkbar

Apr 25, 2005
I have just been speaking with the president of the association of beach vendors, Winston, and he has informed me that Sosua beach should have a night police patrol dedicated exclusively to Sosua beach at night by October. The lights were run all along the beach last year so now it looks like all the pieces are falling into place to keep the entire beach officially open all night. Certain businesses have been open at night for a long time but this will give some of the other businesses an incentive to keep open as well and hopefully make Sosua beach a better place to be at night.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
This is certainly a welcome sight

I know our friends down there will really love to see this happen! The only problem I can foresee is when the lights do go out (and they will go out) people will not be able to see where they are going. It gets mighty dark down there on the beach at night!

newyorksharkbar

Apr 25, 2005
Generator for the Lights

The plan is to buy a generator for all the lights so that they don't ever go out. If the patrol gets set up before the generator is purchased only businesses that have a generator or an invertor will be able to open at night. We have run our own lights from the bar up the steps to the street that is hooked up to our own generator.

DominicanScotty said:
I know our friends down there will really love to see this happen! The only problem I can foresee is when the lights do go out (and they will go out) people will not be able to see where they are going. It gets mighty dark down there on the beach at night!

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Much needed

newyorksharkbar said:
The plan is to buy a generator for all the lights so that they don't ever go out. If the patrol gets set up before the generator is purchased only businesses that have a generator or an invertor will be able to open at night. We have run our own lights from the bar up the steps to the street that is hooked up to our own generator.

Justin,

Yes, as you know, I know Lou keeps a generator and also runs a string of lights up the walkway (or at least he did before idiots started breaking them all) so that people could make their way down to the beach. He has a great idea and I am looking forward to seeing you all when I get back down.

Scottie

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I hope this realy happens. It has been talked about for a long time.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
I'm for it

It would certainly add a whole new aspect to Sosua nightlife. Meanwhile, I hope to be able to make it to the Labor Day Party at the New York Shark Bar on Sunday September 4th, which, if I recall correctly, is to last from 2PM until the last person is standing.