Recommendations for restaurants in or near La Romana

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I'll be staying at Casa de Campo for a few days this weekend. Can anyone recommend some restaurants nearby.. I'd like to have at least a few of my meals outside of the resort. Anything from really nice to really laid-back - and/or authentic Dominican... also, anyone have recommendations/reviews of the restaurants *at* Casa de Campo?

thanks!!

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
off-casa de campo restaurants

Trigo de Oro - a bakery of sorts. THIS IS A MUST while you are there. Go in the morning and see the display case.... have coffee and pastries. Go in the afternoon and have everything else. Sandwiches, breads, etc. Everyone, Dominican and Ex-pat alike knows this place. Not hard to find at all.

Drive into town from Casa de Campo. Turn right at the Police Station. Go 5 or 6 blocks and turn left just before the Scotiabank. Trigo de Oro is about 4 blocks down on the right. Good sign out front.

There is a fantastic place called "Restaurant Lucas" in La Romana. Great pasta (really, really, great food) and not inflated prices like you'll find at Altos de Chavon or the Marina.

It's quite a bit off the beaten path, but it is well worth the effort to find it. I cannot give you good directions to the place because it always takes me two attempts to get there. Seek and ye shall find.

I also went to a place called Shish-ke-bob (or similar). I think I had a Shish-ke-bob. The food was good but it took approximately--and this is an estimate because I didn't have a stop-watch--FOREVER to get my food.

Enjoy. Good luck finding Lucas' Restaurant. It's worth the hunt.

Tim

Cronin_Andrea

Aug 25, 2005
Altos de chavon

While you go and see altos de chavon there is a very nice cafe around the church very nice place to have a nice lunch or cofee and pastry
Andrea

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
You are right, Trigo de Oro is a nice place, it?s almost in front of the Central Park near to Scotia Bank.

I like a lot the chocolate croassant that they make, are deliciuss.

franco

Nov 5, 2003
DavidZ said:
I'll be staying at Casa de Campo for a few days this weekend. Can anyone recommend some restaurants nearby.. I'd like to have at least a few of my meals outside of the resort. Anything from really nice to really laid-back - and/or authentic Dominican... also, anyone have recommendations/reviews of the restaurants *at* Casa de Campo?

thanks!!

I think the best one is "Peperoni Marina" (Plaza Portofino #16, La Marina, Casa de Campo). It's a branch of Peperoni in Santo Domingo, but it's different, I think it's better. Try Warm Goat Cheese salad with ruccola there! :)

pws

Oct 24, 2005
All the restaurants at the Marina in Casa de Campo are great, depending on what type of food your looking for, of course, you must try Limoncello (Marina) and Piazzetta (Altos de Chavon). Though if you want to see more info on all the restaurants at the marina, you can visit http://www.marinacasadecampo.com.

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
Another place you may try in LaRomana, is La Casita, turn right at the police station and continue straight up for about 6 blocks, it's on your right, small sign, looks like a house.
Excellent food

reracked

Sep 26, 2003
la Nueva Carreta

Another good place in La Romana is "La Nueva Carreta".
Turn right at the police station and continue straight till supermarket Iberia.
Turn left just before Iberia. Cross one street and it is on the right hand side
fifthy meters ahead.
Nice typical place with good food, good wines and decent prices.

Syork

Sep 5, 2004
Restaurants in La Romana

Luca's is probably the best food in town and nice atmosphere- as you drive in from Casa de Campo toward town you'll come to Buena Vista Norte on the right- just before the roundabout-bear right-cross a speed bump and turn right on Calle 3 este- go one block and turn left-I think it's calle Las Palmas- follow that all the way to the end and there's a small shopping center there-Lucas is downstairs-very good Italian food.

The best Dominican food in town, in our opinion, is lunch at the Iberia grocery store- Nacho and Domingo are the chefs and the food is excellent- huge portions and only costs $110 pesos for the meal of the day. By far, the best deal in town.

Enjoy!
Rick

clara

Jan 6, 2005
Another Italian option in downtown La Romana: Pizzeria del Rio.

On the same street as the River View Hotel. Great good and nice atmosphere, perched over the river. Menu includes pizza, pasta, and meats. Prices are similar/slightly less than Lucas'.