POKER GAME-Sosua, September 8

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
The next installment to the North Coast Poker Tour will take place:

• Date: Thursday, September 8
  • Time: 9:00 PM (8:45 if you run on Dominican time)
  • Place: Rocky's Restaurant, Sosua
This is a friendly game of low limit Texas Holdum. All are invited.
Let me know if you can make.
HOWMAR

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Marco, of course, and you can count on Escott being late & Alan being there, wearing his thong again.
I'm sure Graham will be pleased to once more relieve us of our spare change, and maybe Shawn & Gregg will show this time.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Poker Rules 101

The following is a quote typical of poker web sites:

Betting Rounds
The two most common betting formats for Texas Hold em games are called ?Structured betting? and ?Spread-limit betting?. In a structured betting game, each bet and raise is a fixed amount, and usually that fixed amount is one amount for the first two betting rounds and twice that amount for the last two betting rounds. For example, in a $3-$6 structured betting game, all bets and raises in the first two rounds must be exactly $3, and all bets and raises in the last two rounds must be exactly $6. In a spread-limit betting game, say a $1-$4 spread-limit game, any bet or raise during all four betting rounds may be any amount between $1 and $4, with the exception that raises on any particular betting round must equal or exceed any previous bet amounts (i.e. if someone bets $3, then any subsequent raises must be $3 or $4). Some spread-limit betting games increase the available betting amounts in the last two betting rounds. Typically each betting round is limited to a maximum of three raises

This seems to confirm that a bet is a bet and a raise is a raise. At least by an expert other than Marco. Also it states all raises have to be at least equal to the previous bet.

More debate to come on Modified Dominican Poker Rules....

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
HOWMAR said:
The next installment to the North Coast Poker Tour will take place:

• Date: Thursday, September 8
  • Time: 9:00 PM (8:45 if you run on Dominican time)
  • Place: Marcoland Restaurant, Sosua
This is a friendly game of low limit Texas Holdum. All are invited.
Let me know if you can make.
HOWMAR
I will be there at 9:15pm to piss Marco off.

A

apostropheman

Escott said:
I will be there at 9:15pm to piss Marco off.

any dates for october yet? if the game is still on thursdays i'll be there on the 13th. regardless i look forward to seeing those i know again and hopefully meeting many more of you.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
REMINDER
The game is tonight:
  • Thursday, September 8
  • 9:00 PM
  • Rocky's Restaurant, Sosua
:

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Rocky said:
Escott, Alan & myself, confirmed.
Gregg's a maybe.
Graham has family in town, so he may not show.
On Saturday, Dawn said she may want to play. See if you can confirm with her.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
hey

Howmar, I would like to audit the game tonight, rather than play.

Don't know enough about Texas hold em yet. I know the odds are easier to calculate than other games. I'm pretty loosy goosy with odds, no precise calculations, prefer to get a feel for what's left, than a number. Then again, I'm a mathematical genius, so maybe 'feel' is all it takes. heh.

Do most players of this game calculate the odds? Just curious.

dawnwilplaytowin...eventually ;)