Driver's license study book

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
Where do I get a copy of the book to study for a Dominican Driver's license in Santo Domingo?

Is it at the Obras Publicas?

Where is the Obra Publicas?

I have a Canadian license but my Spanish is weak so I will have to read a book to make sure I understand the words so I can pass the theory test.

How much does the book cost?

Any other suggestions?

I want to do it all legal.

Thanks.

Cheers

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Heythere said:
Where do I get a copy of the book to study for a Dominican Driver's license in Santo Domingo?

Is it at the Obras Publicas?

Where is the Obra Publicas?

I have a Canadian license but my Spanish is weak so I will have to read a book to make sure I understand the words so I can pass the theory test.

How much does the book cost?

Any other suggestions?

I want to do it all legal.

Thanks.

Cheers

The new testing procedure is done on a computer screen, and the questions are presented graphically, to the extent you don't even have to know how to read.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
There is a small booklet available outlining the Highway code for the Dominican Republic (Just so that everyone knows how to break the laws - not because people are expected to follow them!!). These are available at SOME Lirarias (stationers) in towns throughout the country. Ripol's in Puerto Plata used to have them but may have run out since we got ours!!

Loved the explanation re traffic lights in it :-
Red light means STOP
Green Light means GO
Red light AND Green lkight showing together means these lights are not working!!

They did NOT put an explanation about lights being 'OFF' altogether, possibly because they expected everyone to know that that means "We are in the middle of a POWER CUT'!!

I am SURE your local testaing station will help you to pass your computer exam. Tell them you are firghtened of computers & they will fill in the correct answers for you!! ~ Grahame.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Im in a Drivers school, I have the book, and Im almost to take the theorical test, As Im Dominican I will need a certificate of good conduct from the police and buy the tax that will cost 855.00 pesos, You are canadian so I don?t know what will be the process for you with the good conduct certificate.

Obras Publicas is in Tiradentes av. next to Quisqueya Stadium.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
For what it's worth ....

You are a gringo therefore you will fail. My friend bribed the examiner, drove a perfect test (where everyone else hit cones, and couldn't park in the space because it was the same size as the car) and was still failed. He later saw the same guy having a great laugh over it with his buddies.

Forget it - find another way.