Placa anybody?

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
I've got a matricula (placa) which ends with a 4, somebody has one that ends with a 1,3,5,7 or 9 and doesn't need it? :classic:

Thanks for helping out with the fuel-crisis! :classic:

Paying the ticket for having a false placa is better then my throat cut through when traveling by guagua with my laptop (need it for work!). :eek:

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
placas

I guess that's why they are passing this law. So everyone can continue to drive with indiference to the consequences.

Take a taxi. You might even find it cheaper then driving your own car, in the long run.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
duhtree said:
I guess that's why they are passing this law. So everyone can continue to drive with indiference to the consequences.

Take a taxi. You might even find it cheaper then driving your own car, in the long run.

Does anybody know if this law applies to motorcycles too?

Scandall

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Dear Duhtree,

I've got a very small car (3 cilinders), somtimes it's hard to find it after I've parked it, which runs about 65km (40miles) on 1 gallon of regular fuel. A taxi will be more expensive and I always bring my wife to her work....
People are always laughing at me; big guy coming out of a small car...except when I fill it up, (about RD$ 650 and it's full; another 2 weeks of driving) then I am the one laughing.... :laugh:

If you want to save fuel; make the sunday a day forbidden for vehicles running on oil-products....and there are about 2,500 other ways of saving without paralyzing half the country. (my opinion)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The announcement of the new measures has been postponed until Leonel gets back from his current jolly. Pity, I was looking forward to Wednesday!

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Daewoo Matiz, year 2000, bought it here form an Italian guy who needed the money urgently :classic: (so I didn't pay what it was worth; a lot less!)

It has got airco (very cold) and 4 grown-ups can sit comfortably. But I am not selling it......of course everything is for sale so......