Cheap flights from Sonto Domingo -> Puerto Rica

FarOut

Jul 26, 2004
Hi @ll,

does anyone know where I can get a cheap ticket from the SDQ to Puerto Rico? Many thanks in advance.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Sorry, American has a Monopoly from DR to PR, so there aren?t cheap flights, is better to go to Miami o NY, is almost the same price.

Eddyx

Sep 9, 2005
Hi!

You can go using the ferry , but ti will take about 12 hours to arrive there.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
FarOut said:
Hi @ll,

does anyone know where I can get a cheap ticket from the SDQ to Puerto Rico? Many thanks in advance.

Cheap is relative to a beggar vs. Donald Trump. How much is your limit and did you try AA.com?

Note in your title move the "O" from Sonto Domingo to the "A" in Puerto Rica and vice versa.

FarOut

Jul 26, 2004
Hi Ricktoronto,

I was interested if there are any alternatives to AA. I have checked trere webside but US$ 370 (return) I found very expensive for this short fly.

The ferry may be an alternative but it is very slow and the check in/out takes ages I was told.

About my orthography:
1. I take more care about the contend of my writing than the orthography
2. I am not a natural english speaker
3. I don't care ;)

So long,
FarOut

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
FarOut said:
Hi Ricktoronto,

I was interested if there are any alternatives to AA. I have checked trere webside but US$ 370 (return) I found very expensive for this short fly.

Well they seem to have cornered the market on SDQ-SJU but they should have cheaper fares booked in advance.

Also buying in the RD adds the horrific VAT to the cost.

These are the cheapest fare codes for Ot 1 departure pre-tax in RD$. The lowest Q fare is about US$218 if they have Q seats

Q0CC5P AA Q Round-Trip 6550 (DOP)
MRX3NN AA M Round-Trip 6856 (DOP)
MRW3NN AA M Round-Trip 7162 (DOP)
HRX1NN AA H Round-Trip 7468 (DOP)
HRW1NN AA H Round-Trip 7774 (DOP)

Here are the non-refundable Q fare rules, not all that bad:

RES/TKTG
TKT MUST BE PURCHASED WITHIN 1 DAY AFTER RES IS MADE. SGMTS USING THIS RULE MUST BE CONFIRMED.

MIN STAY
1 DAY. MEASURED FROM DPTR FROM ORIGIN.

MAX STAY
RETURN TRVL MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 30 DAYS. MEASURED FROM DPTR FROM ORIGIN TO DPTR FROM LAST STOPOVER POINT.

SEASONS
NO SEASON RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

BLACKOUTS
FOR TRAVEL FROM SDQ TO SJU TRAVEL IS NOT VALID 1-3JAN06. OR FOR TRAVEL FROM SJU TO SDQ TRAVEL IS NOT VALID 17-24DEC05.

EFF/EXP
6SEP05 IS THE FIRST DATE THAT TRAVEL MAY COMMENCE. ALL TRAVEL AT THIS FARE MUST BE COMPLETED BY 16NOV05. BASED ON TRIP DATE RATHER THAN DATE OF ORIGIN.

FarOut

Jul 26, 2004
Thanks for the info, but you did forget to mention the part
"Fares displayed below do not include all taxes and fees."
which apply anyway and add at least US$100 to the pricetag.

Including the local TAX/VAT if I buy the ticket over here, the
cheapest fare will be US$370 ;(

May I should charter a boat and sell the other free seats....

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
AA Fares to PR

I agree with a previous poster that AA has a virtual monopoly with flights to and from PR. However, they change rates from day to day and even from hour to hour. If you have a computer, check the AA website various times a day for the flight and date you are interested in traveling. I booked a flight for October at $296.35 (all taxes included) which by AA standards is not all that expensive! ;)

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Yes, prices change everyday, sometimes for dollar exchange, others for oil prices. I think the same, too expensive for short flight.