U.S. Driver's Licenses

D & D

Jul 17, 2003
Tried searching, no luck. Okay, I screwed up and forgot. Does anyone know if a U.S. citizen can renew their driver's license at the American Embassy in Santo Domingo? I would rather not get caught in a phone circle jerk with those people unless there is some hope. :tired:

Thanks,

Dianne

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
D & D said:
Tried searching, no luck. Okay, I screwed up and forgot. Does anyone know if a U.S. citizen can renew their driver's license at the American Embassy in Santo Domingo? I would rather not get caught in a phone circle jerk with those people unless there is some hope. :tired:

Thanks,

Dianne

As far as I know, no.
They will not even validate them so you can easily get a DR license.
If you do not have a DR license, your US one is valid for the length of the visa you have.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
D & D said:

Thanks,

Dianne
If you're asking about renewing an expired driver's license, you are going to have to deal with your state's Division of Motor Vehicles. Some states still allow mailin renewals (NJ for one), but most are now requiring you come in for a digital photo along with proper ID.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
drivers license

HOWMAR said:
If you're asking about renewing an expired driver's license, you are going to have to deal with your state's Division of Motor Vehicles. Some states still allow mailin renewals (NJ for one), but most are now requiring you come in for a digital photo along with proper ID.

some states have on line renewal...just renewed mine from florida on line...
bob