Best Resort/Hotel in Cabarete near Beach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYMoreno

Aug 23, 2005
I'm looking to vacay in Cabarete, I've been to DR many times usually stay in Zona Colonial in the capitale at Sofitel Nicolas Ovando/Sofitel Frances so I'd like something very upscale please recommend........

Preferably Sankie Free..... Don't mind dealing with Sankies outside the resort/Hotel but defintely not on premises

Thanks

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
NYMoreno said:
I'm looking to vacay in Cabarete, I've been to DR many times usually stay in Zona Colonial in the capitale at Sofitel Nicolas Ovando/Sofitel Frances so I'd like something very upscale please recommend........

Preferably Sankie Free..... Don't mind dealing with Sankies outside the resort/Hotel but defintely not on premises

Thanks

I always stayed at Velero when I visited and loved it. Do a yahoo or google for velero cabarete and I'm sure their website will pop up.

Stay well,
Amy

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Sankie????

NYMoreno said:

Thanks
Hi there. Don't mean to sound stupid, but what is a sankie?? I have never been to D.R. and I am going to Cabarete in Jan/06. Is this anything I should be aware of. We are booked to stay at the Ocean's Manor Resort which I think is presently under construction. It was damanged by Hurricane, I think it was formerly called Las Palmas. Are there "sankies" there???
Since I found this forum I have really obtained a lot of good info. My ears and eyes are open,,,please let me in on this one.

Thanks
Meg :nervous:

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
megamania said:
Hi there. Don't mean to sound stupid, but what is a sankie?? I have never been to D.R. and I am going to Cabarete in Jan/06. Is this anything I should be aware of. We are booked to stay at the Ocean's Manor Resort which I think is presently under construction. It was damanged by Hurricane, I think it was formerly called Las Palmas. Are there "sankies" there???
Since I found this forum I have really obtained a lot of good info. My ears and eyes are open,,,please let me in on this one.

Thanks
Meg :nervous:
Sankies are the Dominican equivalent to the cockroach. They will survive even a nuclear armageddon. Whether you should be concerned about sankies depends on some personal information. Is the "we" as in "We are booked" a male partner to which you are committed or are you traveling with another single female? Seriously, a sankie is the Dominican equivalent of a gold-digging gigolo (to be nice), usually posing as a resort animation worker.

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
Ah Ha! gracios!! re "Sankie"

Howmar.
Thanks, I get it completely.
The "we" referred to is my husband and myself, and we are also travelling with another married couple who are friends of ours. I guess we should be OK.
thank you for filling me in.

Anything else I should know?? My ears are wide open.
I really do like this forum. I was using TTOL , because that is where I found info on St.Maartens, but no one seemed to answer my questions re D.R.
Someone on that form told me about DR 1 forums.

Since I have found this forum, the information has been flowing freely. It is real helpful to us, as like I said, this is a first for Dominican.

Meg ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.