Post Thanks / Like

Default Moving to SDQ for six month

Hi everybody !
    I'm a 31 year old German and I'm probably moving to Santo Domingo in October for approx. six month because of a job offer.
    Can anybody give me some tips about housing, making friends and anything else thats important ?
    Thanks,
    Steffi

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steffi
    Hi everybody !
    I'm a 31 year old German and I'm probably moving to Santo Domingo in October for approx. six month because of a job offer.
    Can anybody give me some tips about housing, making friends and anything else thats important ?
    Thanks,
    Steffi
    Use the "search" function of this board and read the Living forum.
    We have 1000's of posts covering many areas of living and moving here.
    Take the time to do the research on this site, we are the largest resource on the the planet for the DR.

When you have very specific questions, come back and ask away and we will give you specific and detailed answers.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default We have what you need

You've come to the right place for answers. I have been living in the DR for four years now. I rarely make any big decisions without 'consulting the boards' first. There is a wealth of information at your fingertips.

Consider me your first friend.

Good luck !

Mark

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck and I hope you have a great time working in my country!!!!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

If you want to get an apartment in Santo Domingo, the best way is to check the news papers. The classifieds or Listin Diario is good for that. I could give you some recomendations of the city, but it's depends of the area where you are going to work.

Regars

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Steffi,
    The best place to meet good friends is right on this board. I moved to SD two weeks ago. When you get settled here, send me an e-mail. Maybe we can get a group together for dinner one night to welcome you.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Job In Las Terrenas (dr)

Hi all, I'm a new user. I'm Italian and I've been to Santo Domingo during my holidays and...I feel in love with this beautiful Country, especially a little town called Las Terrenas.

Now, I would like to work there for a few months. there's someone who can help me, or know someone who lives in Las Terrenas?

I'll start to learn spanish from October and probably I'll come back to RD around November.

I'm a project Manager in a Web Company in Italy, but I accept every type of job

Thanks in advance
    Lucia