Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The new Gun Laugh

    I read DR1 today and saw the new gun laws, i have to assume that that is the next joke in a row.

    It is now free hunting season for the lawless (correctly, the ones who don't obey the law)
    They can now freely put a gun under your nose, stop your car, shoot you etc

    I am missing the part that the lawless first have to sign an agreement with you, before you can defend yourself

    As a citizen, walking on the streets youre not allowed to carry a gun, BY LAW, but the other party, the lawless, don't give a damn about that, so, pass your wallet and creditcards and other valuable things, because this action is approved by the goverment, and you are not allowed anymore to be a threat to the criminal.

    Another, you drive your truck loaded with electronics to a client, normally we have a legal shotgun (loaded) in the back, if we are in the middle of nowhere and some idiots try to stop us, just showing the shotgun is/was enough to make them think twice.
    NOW, they will have a free game !!!
    We have to stop, find the shotgun in the cabin, and the normal cabingun, open the glovecompartment to find the clip/bullets, start loading and finally we are ready to defend ourselves.

    I don't think the criminals will have time to wait for that, So, give everything you have wallet and creditcards and other valuable things, because this action is approved by the goverment, and you are not allowed anymore to be a threat to the criminal.

    Criminality is increasing, and BY LAW we are almost not allowed to defend ourselves anymore.

    What are they thinking in SD, how many criminals have a gun license, how many criminals will live according to the new laws, how many criminals buy a gun legally, they all will see this as the perfect joke and the opportunity to get rich, with less risks.

    And many will see this less risky job as the perfect opportunity to get some cash ...

    I hope this is just a bad dream, and when i wake up tomorrow, it is not there anymore.

  2. #2
    Doctor of Diplomacy
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,490
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DunHill
    I read DR1 today and saw the new gun laws, i have to assume that that is the next joke in a row.

    It is now free hunting season for the lawless (correctly, the ones who don't obey the law)
    They can now freely put a gun under your nose, stop your car, shoot you etc

    I am missing the part that the lawless first have to sign an agreement with you, before you can defend yourself

    As a citizen, walking on the streets youre not allowed to carry a gun, BY LAW, but the other party, the lawless, don't give a damn about that, so, pass your wallet and creditcards and other valuable things, because this action is approved by the goverment, and you are not allowed anymore to be a threat to the criminal.

    Another, you drive your truck loaded with electronics to a client, normally we have a legal shotgun (loaded) in the back, if we are in the middle of nowhere and some idiots try to stop us, just showing the shotgun is/was enough to make them think twice.
    NOW, they will have a free game !!!
    We have to stop, find the shotgun in the cabin, and the normal cabingun, open the glovecompartment to find the clip/bullets, start loading and finally we are ready to defend ourselves.

    I don't think the criminals will have time to wait for that, So, give everything you have wallet and creditcards and other valuable things, because this action is approved by the goverment, and you are not allowed anymore to be a threat to the criminal.

    Criminality is increasing, and BY LAW we are almost not allowed to defend ourselves anymore.

    What are they thinking in SD, how many criminals have a gun license, how many criminals will live according to the new laws, how many criminals buy a gun legally, they all will see this as the perfect joke and the opportunity to get rich, with less risks.

    And many will see this less risky job as the perfect opportunity to get some cash ...

    I hope this is just a bad dream, and when i wake up tomorrow, it is not there anymore.
    Yup. It's the same old story. Forget about enforcing the laws that are already on the books....just make new laws!

    The kids who shot up Columbine high school a few years ago violated 17 state and federal gun laws. "Amazingly" the laws did not stop them.

    I agree with you. Criminals are rejoicing. Their chances of getting capped by one of their victims just dropped. Man, I hate stupid government. Want to drastically reduce crime? Issue a shotgun to every household. It is actual LAW in Switzerland. See how low their crime rates are?

    Then again the Swiss are not an uneducated gaggle like much of the DR.

    Education, even at its most basic level, is the answer to just about every problem we have here. Until it is addressed, all the wacky laws and bull**** social programs will be nothing more than bandaids.

    Scandall

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.. True in the USA and DR!

  4. #4
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by DunHill
    Another, you drive your truck loaded with electronics to a client, normally we have a legal shotgun (loaded) in the back, if we are in the middle of nowhere and some idiots try to stop us, just showing the shotgun is/was enough to make them think twice.
    NOW, they will have a free game !!!
    We have to stop, find the shotgun in the cabin, and the normal cabingun, open the glovecompartment to find the clip/bullets, start loading and finally we are ready to defend ourselves.
    I believe that the new law only pertains to handguns, not rifles, so you may still be able to carry your 12-Gauge 5901A Mossberg (Compact with cruiser grip) with a 14" barrel by your side.

    I myself prefer the Ruger PC9 "Police Carbine" which can alternate clips with the Ruger 9MM, or if you desire a "one shot stop" I also prefer the Henry .44 Magnum "Big Boy" Hoooyaahhhh!! http://www.henryrepeating.com/bigboy.cfm

  5. #5
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scandall
    Want to drastically reduce crime? Issue a shotgun to every household. It is actual LAW in Switzerland. See how low their crime rates are?
    Those in Switzerland are not for personal but national protection; It's a law that every adult male is a reserve in the army until 50, the fact that many therefore have a gun is a derivative.

  6. #6
    *** Sin Bin ***
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy
    ...I see it is possible to carry the weapon unloaded in your car. However, what does the law say about carrying a weapon from your home or business to your car?
    The new gun regulation is badly worded, with many contradictions, however, the spirit shows through, and it is to separate 'carry-on' licenses from simple 'possession'. And remember, in the case of guns, contrary to real estate, 'possession is NOT nine-tenth of the law' ;-)

  7. #7
    Doctor of Diplomacy
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,490
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qgrande
    Those in Switzerland are not for personal but national protection; It's a law that every adult male is a reserve in the army until 50, the fact that many therefore have a gun is a derivative.
    Yes, I am aware of why they have them. My point is that crime is almost a non-issue BECAUSE everyone knows that every house has a rifle in it.

    Scandall

  8. #8
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We had a nice discussion about this, in the morning
    Some millitary (high) and political (both parties) included

    But finally we had one conclusion:

    "Criminals don't obey the law, that's why they are called criminals or law-less"

    BUT

    You need to be educated to understand that statement !

  9. #9
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking

    I'm tired of going our and feeling like I'm in the wild west. Personally I worry more about some dumbass who thinks the answer to any and all argument or discussion is to pull his gun out than I do of criminals. I think some people should remember that criminals don't announce they're gonna rob you, they just pull their guns and if they see you're armed they'll just take it away from you. Also if you're worried about getting all your equipment hijacked then why don't you just hire some armed guards as escorts. Arming the whole country isn't the answer and neither is getting rid of all the guns. Sticter gun laws and enforcement of these laws is the answer and I think this bill is doing just that.

    Guns don't kill people, uneducated dumbasses with guns kill people.

  10. #10
    Doctor of Diplomacy
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,490
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Guns don't kill people, uneducated dumbasses with guns kill people.[/QUOTE]


    Exactly. Which is why in the states and other "civilized" places, guns are not permitted in establishments that sell alcohol etc etc. If a person is inhebriated and carrying they can lose their license and be charged. Guns also need to be concealed and a safety course should be mandatory. I see the most unsafe weapons practices here. I will never get used to seeing it.

    Scandall

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •